Gibson Brands Forums

NPD (x2)

surfpup

It's always nice to return home after a little vacation - especially when there are two pedals waiting on your

doorstep... :rolleyes:

DEMSS.jpg

I have owned each of these before (more than once in fact) but they never got along well with my other pedals.

However, this version of the Deluxe Electric Mistress has its own 24 volt power supply and the Small Stone

is now true bypass, so hope springs eternal... (and they sound great so far). [thumbup]

Congrats on getting two fabulous pedals,I have one of the first Bad Stones and Electric Mistresses and they both have been absolutely problem free since the early-mid 70s.If you want to hear a really cool sound:plug into a distortion pedal-preferably a Big Muff Pi then the Mistress,put the Electric Mistress on a medium speed and the Small Stone on a slow sweep and then run the effects chain through a delay on a medium repeat speed.With this set-up and a bit of tweaking you can get the effect that Jimi got in "House Burning Down" and if you just have a very subdued echo you'll get the sound of his Gypsy Eyes,also from Electric Ladyland.

Nice. Funny, I just had a NPD x 2, too. Boosta Grande (Impulse buy. I already have a great boost but wanted to try this one.) and a Stone Bender.

Cool. Interested in hearing about the Boosta Grande. I'm fixin' to try a couple booster builds for a friend. Never heard of the Stone Bender... details?

Throbak Stone Bender. I've only used it with a 5F1 so far (most of my stuff is in storage right now) and I didn't really like it at first but it's growing on me. This pedal has gotten lots of praise if you google it. The Boosta is pretty good (fairly transparent) but I like my other boost better, Lizard Legs Draconis. The Drac is triple the price, though.

The Boosta is pretty good (fairly transparent) but I like my other boost better, Lizard Legs Draconis. The Drac is triple the price, though.

Hmmm... a good booster should be an easy thing to build (and therefore not too expensive).

Archived