Gibson Brands Forums

Well she's mine!

Woa, that's really cool. I've never seen one of those.

Is the scale length the same on other Fenders, or is it shorter (like on the Blacktop Jaguar HH)?

Happy NGD man. B)

• 3 weeks later...

UPS lost my package.... Its been 2 weeks and now I have no guitar

Sorry to hear this, not good. They should be able to track it.

I suppose it could still turn up, in UK we leave it 21-28 days before raising the alarm.

I hope it comes eventually. If not can you get all your $$$ back? Let us know what happens....

Sorry to hear this, not good. They should be able to track it.

I suppose it could still turn up, in UK we leave it 21-28 days before raising the alarm.

I hope it comes eventually. If not can you get all your $$$ back? Let us know what happens....

OUCH MAN!! That S*CKS!

UPS is 100% responsible for this, but the claim I think needs to be done by the seller as they were the customer that UPS took the shipment and the charges from.

Have you contacted the seller (store, or whom ever)?

what's UPS telling you?

You need to get on this quick...you could gets scammed, either on purpose or even unintentionally.

A good question might be if UPS recieved the guitar at all. If they have no record of it, then UPS doesn't have any responsibility or recorse themselves to pay anyone.

There are sellers who actually have the opinion that they aren't responsible or accountable for things "out of thier control", or that if a shipping company is at fault, thats not thier problem. But you paid the seller, he may have charged you shipping, but if he did or didn't, you paid the SELLER, not the shipping company. You didn't hire the shipper either. That means that YOU paid to have a guitar shipped to you and what you have coming for that is a guitar at your door. IF this doesn't happen, you have a right to your money back, in full.

What often happens is that the seller, feeling THEY didn't do anything wrong, don't feel they should have to refund you, the seller, or that they owe you money only if they get refunded or have no loss themselves. It could take a while for the shipping company to figure it out, and the seller might not be "motivated" to see it through. And when it IS figured by the shipping company, you might not know what the seller will do then.

It COULD also be an excuse by the seller to hold you off as long as possible until the point is reached you have no recorse.

I would 1) confirm the statements from the seller and make a record. Ask the seller for confirmation the guitar has been shipped, as well as the reciept of money from you. That's proof the seller took your money and that he owes you a guitar or money back.

2) Find out what the sellers intentions are regarding refunding or assuring you get your guitar. If he doesn't make it clear he will refund ALL your money if you don't get the guitar, Don't wait for a conclusion...in other words, don't WAIT for him to screw you if he has already stated there is a chance you might get screwed.

3), do it in public, in writing, and keep records. Get a time frame of WHEN the seller will refund if you don't get your axe, and make sure these don't exceed the rights you have already through EBAY, PAYPAL, or whatever.

Did you ever get a tracking number and did that ever appear in the system?

Who told you the guitar was lost by USP, UPS or the Seller?

How did you pay the Seller? (I am hoping PayPal or Credit Card, I am hoping NOT bank transfer or Western Union).

When did you hear the guitar was lost, and what actions have you taken so far?

Sorry to get so personal with all this, but the better information we have here, the better advice you will get on protecting yourself from loss/fraud. You've got a good resource here with a lot of experienced folks who've dealt with this sort of thing, and some of us may be able to aid you in at least not being out both the guitar and fund$.

Hope it works out well for you in the end.

ETA: I just went back and read the beginning of this thread again. Not liking the sound of it (and it looks like the "Seller" has already pulled the pics). Best of luck to you, the opening sounds completely like a scam set up, though there are not a lot of details (I deal with online Scammers a bunch, I Moderate on the Sales Corner of a very busy International Watch Forum, and we are CONSTANTLY getting Scammers attempting both "sales" and "purchases"). I DO hope I'm wrong in this case, and I'm not basing it on a lot, mostly that he contacted you, and the guitar was almost too good to be true from how happy you were. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Archived