Gibson Brands Forums

I miked up my amp this time, SO AC/DC TONE HERE

FenderGuy1

[thumbup] Malcom is the sound of AC/DC. An old Gretch with a TV pick up into a Marshall with no master volume. The "Distortion" you hear is Volume, not overdriven tubes.

Lest we forget the rhythm is the body of the song, and Malcom is holding down that fort.

blink.gif Hmmmm.... Pretty sure that the distortion is from overdriven Power Tubes and speaker distortion created when playing a non-master volume Marshall on 10... msp_flapper.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Andy

I don't think it's necessarily an AC/DC tone, but it's a FenderGuy1 tone!

If he likes it, it is good.

Just because he made somewhat false claims (which we all do when it comes to tones sometimes! For example, the sound I get with my Peavey Prowler's gain channel, it's built-in spring reverb, and my MIM Strat gets a good sound for Van Halen, but I'm sure it won't please "Brown Sound critics". But when I play with that setup, I am inspired to rock some VH tunes....), doesn't take away from the fact that he got a good tone.

I have said this before, but I give him major props for not having a "tone" that sounds like a competition between pissed hornets and an operating chainsaw.....

Much, much better FG. Confess I did not listen to all of it this time. Accurate chording, sounds 'proper' - lovely dark tone - I have no idea if you sound like AC/DC and that doesn't matter...like Kaleb, I think you have your own tone and it is just as good as others on this forum. You gotta get a band - you've got the hunger. Chicken's ready!

Archived