Gibson Brands Forums

2 and Done.

jedzep

I don't understand the point of this type of question. devil.gif I like having lots of guitars."

I imagine its about getting down to essentials. A desert island kind of thread. When I hear myself saying, 'it would be nice to have a ...", then I know Im not dealing with essentials. Essentials, of course, can be subject to change..

I don't understand the point of this type of question. devil.gif I like having lots of guitars."

I imagine its about getting down to essentials. A desert island kind of thread. When I hear myself saying, 'it would be nice to have a ...", then I know Im not dealing with essentials. Essentials, of course, can be subject to change..

Well, I suppose I am hijacking the thread. And yet, how many threads where each person trots out their 'favorite' do you want? (And every time I know Grandpa will croak out something about his F-25. Hi Grandpa! Nice to know you are still digging it) But underlying this is a kind of adolescent quest for 'the best guitar'. People actually have all sorts of strategies for structuring their collection of instruments which are way more interesting and informative than this numeric analysis: my number 1, my top 2, etc.

Well, I suppose I am hijacking the thread. And yet, how many threads where each person trots out their 'favorite' do you want? (And every time I know Grandpa will croak out something about his F-25. Hi Grandpa! Nice to know you are still digging it) But underlying this is a kind of adolescent quest for 'the best guitar'. People actually have all sorts of strategies for structuring their collection of instruments which are way more interesting and informative than this numeric analysis: my number 1, my top 2, etc.

I would say that if economic reasons caused me to sell all but 2 of my guitars, I would sell all of the hyper-expensive ones to get the money, and keep two masterbilt AJ models.. One R and one M. They may not be the prettiest guitars, but they play well enough to fill all my needs musically.

Jerry...put down the pipe for a second. ALL of these discussions contain an element of adolescence. The overanalysis you keep overlayng onto the conversation is not in the spirit of the dopey little thread that popped into my head while I sat like a lox in my air conditioned hovel and plucked away at a John Prine song wondering which guitar I'd have to sacrifice if my work dried up. Kapish? Ok, you can pick up the pipe again.

You're not hijacking the thread, you're just diverting it.

I am a Gibson Lover, And my J45 brings shivers to my spine when I'm cooking. But if it was just me and one musical instrument, I would have to go with my D28. Don't beat me up too bad guys,Maybe I would be just saving my '45 for the ages. Can't help it, that's my choice. =;

I am a Gibson Lover, And my J45 brings shivers to my spine when I'm cooking. But if it was just me and one musical instrument, I would have to go with my D28. Don't beat me up too bad guys,Maybe I would be just saving my '45 for the ages. Can't help it, that's my choice. =;

You're OK bro. In my adolescent thread you get 2 guitars.

You're OK bro. In my adolescent thread you get 2 guitars.

That's what I thought.

But Newtoit, you should tell us why you prioritize as you do.

Always interesting to hear people judge and talk about the 2.

A kind of sub-theme here on Board, which sometimes comes to surface.

That's what I thought.

But Newtoit, you should tell us why you prioritize as you do.

Always interesting to hear people judge and talk about the 2.

A kind of sub-theme here on Board, which sometimes comes to surface.

Ah, the choice so many of us face! I have one good Martin (000-28 EC) in the stable now, and although I love it for its clear, sparkling tone, my Gibsons speak to me on a whole different level. They are gutsy individuals, each with its own particular voice.

By this weekend, I will, for the first time, have two nominally similar Gibsons(mahogany short-scale slope dreads) in the herd. I can't wait to compare their voices. I hear a lot more similarity than differences in the Martins I've owned or played. Not that this is a bad thing. They are wonderful guitars.

But my Gibsons........

Thank God I don't have to choose just one (or two).

Ah, the choice so many of us face! I have one good Martin (000-28 EC) in the stable now, and although I love it for its clear, sparkling tone, my Gibsons speak to me on a whole different level. They are gutsy individuals, each with its own particular voice.

By this weekend, I will, for the first time, have two nominally similar Gibsons(mahogany short-scale slope dreads) in the herd. I can't wait to compare their voices. I hear a lot more similarity than differences in the Martins I've owned or played. Not that this is a bad thing. They are wonderful guitars.

But my Gibsons........

Thank God I don't have to choose just one (or two).

That first block is disturbingly close to my experience. Whole other level – you touch a nerve there Nick. Still I need my 2 or 3 Martins though.

2 slopes in the garden this weekend !? Does it mean you have found a SJ you want to test. We are all ears. . .

Don't know which two I'd pick from the J45, Hummingbird, and J150. In all sincerity, I don't think of things in that manner. If because of some unexpected financial crisis or other drastic life-changing situation I was absolutly forced to pick two guitars then I'd probably sell the ones that bring me the most money, which would mean the Gibsons would have to go. You do what you have to do at the time......Aside from that, I can see myself getting along with 5-6 guitars. Right now I've got 12 and numerous other instruments. I just don't see me at 80 thinking I only want two guitars.

Archived