Gibson Brands Forums

LP CLASSIC CUSTOM GOLD TOP

Kineman Karma

Here is my new baby Ya'll!! OMG I am in LP heaven..

Set up out of the box is AWESOME and to my spec. Weight is desirable and not too heavy but feels like you are holding an LP. Tone is Mid to Bright with Bite!! absolute presence on the fretboard, I reckon the Baked Maple makes the difference, My Ebony on my 73 LPC sounds darker and of course thats solid body lol.

Ok, all I have done to get her right for me was put some Warwick Strap Locks on because the Screw is the same size as the Gibson Screw. Used a bit o Planet Waves Fretboard Hydrate to darken the fretboard and now this baby is dressed to kill....

I am gonna get my ROCK ON at rehearsal tonight with my new girlfriend...

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Hello! That`s such a great guitar...I play mine till midnight each and every day!!! Can`t put it down! I`ve recently installed Dunlop Straplocks on mine, bought a nice leather strap that goes with the color of the top. I`ve tamed it`s brightness a bit with AMPOHM PIOs. Because of them it sounds like a real vintage Custom: more mellow now. Watch as the fretboard gets darker and darker from sweat!!! Almost seems black now, if You are not too close to the guitar. Enjoy Yours! Cheers... Bence

Hey Thanks a lot guy's. Well the verdict after rehearsal is this

We played 2x45 minute sets and my new CC experience was interesting.

At first I had issues with tone but when I dialed back the overdrive and distortion on my pedals, I was able to dial in a nice vintage typical Classic Rock Les Paul TONE!

This has got me curious as to whether the rumor is true? is there a 57 Classic or 57 Classic Plus in the Bridge. I may lift it today just to confirm for myself, because it definately sounds hotter than my 61RI SG.. I also note that my CC has mustard coloured caps in it.hmm.

So after being very happy with achieving the tone I wanted and also very very happy with the playability of the CC overall, ie; Neck Profile is awesome for my smaller hands, fretwork and binding is supreme.

Ok, my only sincere issue is!! after 2x45's the LP felt like I was having sex with a heavy fat woman carrying her around the room. Nothing against the big girls ok, just figure of speech :P

I will finalise my verdict on it's weight when I am not so tired for the next rehearsal, I had a big day prior to last nights rehearsal, so I will see how I feel with fresh legs.

In the moment of now, thank you GIBSON, the CC is awesome in many ways more than I expected. I also believe the QC at Gibson on this line of LP is really really good. What do you think LP CC family :P

Welcome, Kineman...to the world of Gold Top Classic Customs! [thumbup] Here's mine (again). [biggrin]

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Enjoy your's...I'm confident, that you'll LOVE it!

Cheers, and Congratulations!

CB

G'day CB, Mate thanks heaps. I really like your CC GT as well haa haa.

It's a pitty that my camera does not show the true beauty of the glossy finish on this baby, some photo's make it look satin...ahh well.

QUESTION: Did you replace your Bell truss rod cover with an R8 or R9 BELL. It looks nice and bevelled and pronounced.

Hello! You don't have to remove the pickups. I've already done that. Both are '57 Classics. Posted the pics somewhere around. Forgot where, though. Cheers... Bence

G'day Bence, Nice to chat again :)

Mate I am normally on top of techy stuff fairly quickly but I think the adrenaline of this lady clouded my judgement.

lol anyway today I just lowered the bridge pickup a bit and whammo. Problem sorted.

So in the end I didn't lift the pickups to see what was underneath.

Cheers.

G'day CB, Mate thanks heaps. I really like your CC GT as well haa haa.

It's a pitty that my camera does not show the true beauty of the glossy finish on this baby, some photo's make it look satin...ahh well.

QUESTION: Did you replace your Bell truss rod cover with an R8 or R9 BELL. It looks nice and bevelled and pronounced.

Thanks, Kineman... [biggrin]

And, Yeah...I did that in the shop, where I bought it, prior to casing her up, and bringing her home!

I have a "thing" for those '59 TRC's...just love the bit extra beveling, and that "look." [thumbup]

(I did keep the original TRC, too..."just in case.")

CB

Kineman...I solved "my" weight issue, with this guitar (as well as my '80 Custom, and '76 LP Deluxe,

which are both "anvils" weight wise), by getting a neoprene "bass" strap! I can play any of those guitars,

now, for hours, and not have the shoulder and neck aches, that I used to get! Try one...Levy and Fender

both make good ones.

Cheers,

CB

Kineman...I solved "my" weight issue, with this guitar (as well as my '80 Custom, and '76 LP Deluxe,

which are both "anvils" weight wise), by getting a neoprene "bass" strap! I can play any of those guitars,

now, for hours, and not have the shoulder and neck aches, that I used to get! Try one...Levy and Fender

both make good ones.

Cheers,

CB

Thanks CB, I appreciate the advice. I will buy one today and give it a go. It makes sense that the upper back absorbs all the weight. I will get back to ya's.

Cheers.

Archived