Gibson Brands Forums

this is making me crazy

myspace.com/jessenoah

You guys may know that my brother and I are selling some of our gear. Our gear is top of the line, and well taken care of. priced very fair and the quality and condition of the gear is very clean.

I know that sometimes you just have to be patient, but this is really tripping me up. there hasnt even been a show of interest in our gear.

Is the market for used guitar stuff like that where you live? or is it just northern california thats @ a dead stop for selling gear?

Going by the thread about the doubleneck and Marshall head, looks like the doubleneck went in a day. As for the 800 head ::shrugs:: I know down here, I walk into any music store with my 800 head in hand and every person that works there and plays guitar asks me if I want to sell it. Try Craigslist for your area, maybe you'll have some luck.

Here it is worst man... if you have a nice gibson like new and a marshall stack, people will send you private mesages telling you they re willing to give you an api speciall II and a roland cube15 AND you have to give them 100 bucks as their gear is "like new". (that is the best posible scenario).

Here it is worst man... if you have a nice gibson like new and a marshall stack' date=' people will send you private mesages telling you they re willing to give you an api speciall II and a roland cube15 AND you have to give them 100 bucks as their gear is "like new". (that is the best posible scenario).

[/quote']

I posted a doublecut on craigslist and got a **** ton of e-mails about it. The shitty thing was that most of them were people who were collectors, not really players and they *****ed too ouch about 'why did you put a JB and a Jazz in it, why didn't you keep the originals in.' uhm, because I didn't. In the end I ended up selling it to an older guy who was looking for an upgrade from his Ibanez he had been learning on and was ecstatic about how great the instrument sounded and didn't care that it wasn't original.

I posted a doublecut on craigslist and got a **** ton of e-mails about it. The shitty thing was that most of them were people who were collectors' date=' not really players and they *****ed too ouch about 'why did you put a JB and a Jazz in it, why didn't you keep the originals in.' uhm, because I didn't. In the end I ended up selling it to an older guy who was looking for an upgrade from his Ibanez he had been learning on and was ecstatic about how great the instrument sounded and didn't care that it wasn't original. [/quote']

Yeah....guys like that who complain about something that isn't "original" can get quite irritating...Because they don't seem to get the fact that a lot of guys who go out and play shows regularly like to modify their instruments to achieve a certain sound...If you're into collecting fiddles and not playing out that's great....But don't bust someones balls who chooses to change something on one of their guitars that you don't have to buy.

I've been slowly attempting to sell my Robot and haven't got any serious responses. I used my local Craig's List and kept getting some response from someone who said they were a buyer for someone in England. It asked me to call some phone number. Scam, I think. Probably a charge back call. In his e mail he never mentioned what I was actually selling. He would say. I am interested in your musical instrument.

I've been slowly attempting to sell my Robot and haven't got any serious responses. I used my local Craig's List and kept getting some response from someone who said they were a buyer for someone in England. It asked me to call some phone number. Scam' date=' I think. Probably a charge back call. In his e mail he never mentioned what I was actually selling. He would say. I am interested in your musical instrument. [/quote']

It's fake. They pull that scam on Craigslist and MySpace Classifieds. They usually say that they're very interested in 'your item.'

The used guitar/gear market is on its arse at the moment.. I used to see a ton of R8s and R9s on Ebay before the global financial fu*kup for sale here in the UK...Now you wont see a single R8 or R9 on ebay here... The price people expect for secondhand LP here in the UK boils down to nothing but pure greed..

A large percentage of the guitars stores here put the price of a new LP from £1400 up to £1800. Then oh look all of a sudden a new LP is only £1400 WTF that was the price a month ago...

Regards

Flight959

You guys may know that my brother and I are selling some of our gear. Our gear is top of the line' date=' and well taken care of. priced very fair and the quality and condition of the gear is very clean.

I know that sometimes you just have to be patient, but this is really tripping me up. there hasnt even been a show of interest in our gear.

Is the market for used guitar stuff like that where you live? or is it just northern california thats @ a dead stop for selling gear?[/quote']

It's not just the used gear market or your neck of the woods. The economy sucks right now; ask real estate agents, retailers, stock brokers, the auto industry, banks, or anyone else who buys, sells or finances anything.

My advice is to wait to sell until things pick up or be willing to take less money for your stuff.

It's not just the used gear market or your neck of the woods. The economy sucks right now; ask real estate agents' date=' retailers, stock brokers, the auto industry, banks, or anyone else who buys, sells or finances anything.

My advice is to wait to sell until things pick up or be willing to take less money for your stuff.

[/quote']

That it does, but may of those are trickledown effects. Banks wouldn't be so screwed if they didn't led money to real estate agents buying up homes when the market was good and cheap just so they could turn around and try and make a quick buck and doing it over and over repeatedly. There was only so long that would last. In the end they shafted themselves and banks foreclosed on too many of those people, plus let's not forget that they used to pretty much give a loan to anyone, even if they knew that they couldn't afford it. Greed got to stock brokers, as it always does.

He'll be waiting a good 8 years at least for the economy to recover sadly ;)

Sorry to say it, but originality is key nowadays. A lot of guys do seem them as centre-pieces just as much as they are instruments. All I've done mod wise so far is replace a few caps, but if I turn around and sell the guitar I'll selling it in original condition because I know some guy will come along and say 'well, it's been modified and worth less."

Jess, when did you put your gear up for sale? All I can say is be patient. My SG Standard took a few weeks to sell. I posted it in the on-line classifieds three time, the first two I got nothing...just stupid trade offers like an Epi or a Dean. Or my favorite one is "I've got $600, when can I come by and pick it up?"

A: Yeah, you know what buddy, you can't...suck my nuts!

But in general, I've had great success with kijiji and craigslist. I've sold three guitars now and possibly another later this week.

Why not offer the original parts with the sale?

Unless you're like me, and tend to use parts for other projects, then that would satisfy a lot of the "collectors" who want an original instrument.

Archived