Gibson Brands Forums

New Aerosmith tunes

Rabs

So im a fan of some of the earlier Aerosmith stuff like Rocks... They are by no means my fave band, no where near but im still interested in hearing their new stuff, just out of interest.. See what you reckon.. For me its a bit meh!! but ive heard worse :)

From the new album Music From Another Dimension

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN883Fxb1mU

Blech! Those drums are so processed. The lyrics and singing are so silly.

Do people still like this kind of music and production style?

That's what I was thinking....

Too much reverb on the drums. The only guys/records that have drums dowsed in reverb and I like it are Alex Van Halen on the first four VH records, Eric Carr on Creatures Of The Night, and Peter Criss on Destroyer (well, anything produced by Bob Ezrin has tons of echo on it. Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies comes to mind).

That's what I was thinking....

Too much reverb on the drums. The only guys/records that have drums dowsed in reverb and I like it are Alex Van Halen on the first four VH records, Eric Carr on Creatures Of The Night, and Peter Criss on Destroyer (well, anything produced by Bob Ezrin has tons of echo on it. Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies comes to mind).

I was thinking how gated and squashed they are. The snare sounds distorted and not in a good way. There are preset drum plugins that do this sound. I know first hand since I've had recordings ruined by them.

If I ever had to listen to a record with either of you two and your special ears, I think I'd kill myself. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have snooty audiophile ears. But did you notice this time I did not say one word about compression? Can you at least give me some credit for that? ;)

I got to listen to the second song which was okay I guess, Joe Perry still plays good, copyright police are all over the other one. They are being taken down as fast as they go up.

Loads on Youtube if you look up Music From Another Dimension .. I wont bother posting another one :)

Hate to say it but they have been going down hill since Get a Grip. Can't say they didn't have a fantastic run thou as most every thing before that was really good stuff! A lot of great band's only stay that way for 5 or 10 years they been rocking the world for a long time and from the mid 70's through the early 90's put out some cool *** toon's. Night in the Rut's is the only album I'd say that wasn't top q out of every thing before Get a Grip.

A career spanning forty years of sold out tours and 15 albums? so yeah Evol people like em.

My question was about the song and the production style and how dated it is. I know people dig Aerosmith. My view of rock is not that myopic.

Archived