Gibson Brands Forums

advice please

Bobz1b

Hi all I have been a member for a while but dont make many posts however I do peruse this site and pick up loads of good advice and its a very interesting site to be on ....I recently sold 3 guitars.. a LP studio, a SG and a telecaster, all good in there own right but I decided I wanted a 2012 LP standard premium plus.. which I bought yesterday I would lovre to post pix but keep getting error messgae ' file too big' please advise

Thanks

Bob

Hey Bob - The best thing to do is to upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket and then "copy and paste" the IMG codes for the pictures here. Here's a pic. If you hit "reply" you can see what the code looks like when it's in a post.

DSC_0004.jpg

That seat really looks like it would hurt :P :)

Yet easier is simply to make a copy of the original and change the "image size" settings in whatever little inexpensive program might come with your computer's operating system or even smart phone. Almost anything can shrink to 5-7 size at 128 dots per inch and usually is half decent for purposes of this forum unless there's a nasty detail involved one might wish to see more closely.

Save it as a JPG with medium compression. The saved file should be perhaps 100K; and can be added easily as a thumbnail here that others can expand.

m

Hmm, that's weird. I know some hosting services like Imageshack.us have an option of sizing the image down just before you upload it to their size.

Another option is to find good looking pre-existing images of your guitar on other sites which feature professional photography like Flickr.com

Archived