Gibson Brands Forums

Coffee.. whats the bean for you

Rabs

/IMAG0014.jpg[/img]

Bought this lever espresso machine a while back. It took a bit to get the hang of it but I love it now. My grinder is a Rancilio Rocky and it is great too. Both machines seem like they are built to last. They look great too!

Wow,,, looks like R2D2 and Bunn had and an illegitimate child.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought this lever espresso machine a while back. It took a bit to get the hang of it but I love it now. My grinder is a Rancilio Rocky and it is great too. Both machines seem like they are built to last. They look great too!

If the house was burning I'd be running out the door with my tele in one hand and The Rocky in the other. Indispensable, best grinder ever.

rct

I was just having my coffee for today and had it in the evening rather than in the morning.. And MAN it felt good lol its like a warm blanket... I only really got into coffee when I started working and have had a lot of jobs that have had free fresh coffee machines (the ones where you put a little pouch in the machine)..

Nowdays I cant stand instant coffe, after all of the fresh stuff it just tastes like mudd to me..

Ive had a coffee machine at home before to make cappachinos but man what a pain that is.. These days I just use a cafetiere which is the simplest and best way I think to get a good cup.. I either use illy (which is amazing but expensive) or I use Taylors Italian Roast.. man thats good stuff :)

I have always watched how many cups I drink with probably the most being about four cups a day.. But these days its just two usually not long after I get up. But I know some people who drink it all day long... lol

So what about you? Whats your poison?

Ive never used fresh whole beans before (that you grind yourself).. Does anyone else do that? Any better? What do you use to make your coffee?

We grind our own coffee beans,doesn't take as much coffee either and taste alot better/fresher.

I'm generic when it comes to drinking coffee.

I used to grow and harvest it back in the day.

My favorite is arabica.

There are several ways to prepare it, to include beans ground into powder, etc,...

Enjoy your morning jolt as best you can.

I find cafetieres/percs/filtres etc slightly dangerous as the resulting smooth tasting brew is easy to over indulge [scared]

Currently I enjoy the cheap supermarket 'own brand' upper median medium roast instant...on cost grounds(lol)...

Surprisingly palatable and satisfying

Keeping it down to 4-5 mugs a day... [thumbup]

'Live Java Jive'

Dig It...!!

V

:-({|=

So I heard y'all talking about your burr grinders and I had to get one. It does a great job.

Me and my wife have some airpots that she uses once in a while for her catering biz. They're great. They'll keep your coffee hot all day without it getting "Western Style" - like it's been on the range all day. [thumbup]

Folger's or Maxwell House French Roast(whichever is on sale) in the standard homeowner coffee maker every morning. Gotta have it every morning! I drink 2 cups and the wife drinks one. We like it strong and use cream and sugar.

Sometimes I'll grab an afternoon cup from a convenience store for a 'pick-me-up' We have been gifted a couple of grinders and will do whole bean now and then and experiment with some 'exotics'...HA!

I can,t tolerate the weak coffee that you get in Motel room packets....YUK!

My personal favorite is Community Coffee House, Arabica beans and Chicory (Medium-Dark roast). IMO, chicory does great things to coffee. It is pre-ground- doesn't come in whole bean (the chicory root, an endive, is imported from Belgium).

Community%20Coffee%20New%20Orleans%20Blend%20Coffee%20Chicory%2016%20oz.jpg

Community Coffee House Arabica beans and Chicory is my favorite too. K Paul also has a great Coffee & Chicory blend.

Archived