Gibson Brands Forums

Nary a Twinkie To Be Found

zombywoof

And so the Great Twinkie Drought of 2012 has begun. I figured I needed to go get me a pack to give a final toast to an iconic food and something I savored in my youth. But alas, by close of business Friday the town was dry.

How does this relate to Gibsons you ask. Because attempting to find solace, I went home, picked up my LG-2 and out poured the "Twinkie, Please Don't Go" bluz (set to the tune of Lightnin's "Baby Please Don't Go"). Leave it to a Gibson to help you get through it all.

Right...the disappearance of that thing and all of the Hostess Mystery Food Company repertoire is merely one more sure sign mankind is moving forward. Barely, but forward nonetheless. Dentists and colorectal surgeons are sadder because of it. Does it relate to Gibsons? Yes, I recommend them for placement on either side of the endpin when shipping one.

Right...the disappearance of that thing and all of the Hostess Mystery Food Company repertoire is merely one more sure sign mankind is moving forward. Barely, but forward nonetheless. Dentists and colorectal surgeons are sadder because of it. Does it relate to Gibsons? Yes, I recommend them for placement on either side of the endpin when shipping one.

We might be moving forward , but it's to a cliff......?

Think about it........Twinkies, Ding Dongs,HoHo's GONE.....just when Colorado legalizes Pot!...coincidence??

The freaking world is ending I tell you, [scared]

We might be moving forward , but it's to a cliff......?

Think about it........Twinkies, Ding Dongs,HoHo's GONE.....just when Colorado legalizes Pot!...coincidence??

The freaking world is ending I tell you, [scared]

Oh Man, never though of that. The End of Days. The day when munchies can no longer be sated by those wonderous little sponge cake concotions are upon us. Aha, but they fouled up - we still have Doritos.

While I don't have the time & freedom to get wrecked on the weed, I've always said I'd rather walk past a group of smokers than a group who'd been drinking strong fortified wines, ciders and super lagers on a dark night. With a bunch of smokers the most likely scenario is they might laugh at you on their way to the local Texaco/Shell to buy a bag load of sweeties... a bunch of boozers and the smallest fella there is going to want to prove he's a bigman by smashing a buckfast bottle over your head.

Hmmmmm, Mexican Twinkies.

I see great potential for a new product: twinkies with the MJ baked into them. Product growth predicted to be explosive. I'm gonna buy stock in Bimbo right now......

No problem. Those underground pot producers in Colorado and California will now produce Twinkies and other snack cakes! They will cook them in closed factories. Some very smart engineers will build a way to keep the smell from the cooking product from getting out in the neighborhood (our local Merita bakery left a wonderful aroma for blocks around while baking Wonderbread).

Yup, this is the flip side which I've seen reported only in the newspaper. Politically charged TV hacks simply jump on the government/union victimization train, as well as their minions who stay informed via 30 second sound bites.

As for Hostess Cupcakes, used to love them as a kid, until one day I opened a package & ants came streaming out.

Given that visual memory, it's been easy to just say no.

Archived