Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Silverburst.........

davidb1986

The story begins on labor day when a friend of mine texted me the pic of this guitar in a pawn shop for $465. The next day it was on layaway.........the back to school sale they were having made it $377. It was used as colateral for a loan and they were wanting the rest of the loan money and wanted to sell it fast. Well my wife said to stick it on layaway for my birthday in October. I just got it this past week and thought of originally selling it or trading for a PRS Singlecut (sorry yall I am a huge fan of their singlecuts), but am going to keep it. It's sweet and I love anything with coil taps, heck I replaced a 3 way switch in one of my PRS Singlecuts with a 5 way rotary switch and love it. Anywho this is a great NGD especially since I paid the price of what a Silverburst Epi SG that has been used, and got a LTD ED GIBSON SG. I am a happy camper with it, and now my Gibson LP Custom won't be so lonely being mixed in with my 2 PRS SCs, Raven West SC, my strat, and Takamine EF349 Acoustic. Also my guitar rack is now full with 7 guitars I can't live without.

Thanks! The pics still don't do justice to the Silverburst finish. Also the more I play it the more I am thinking it has converted me from a PRS Singlecut person to a Gibson SG person. The Epiphone SG Special and Epiphone SG Custom made me not want another SG, but due to the price on this one I got it. I was hoping to trade it for a PRS Singlecut or sell it for some gear that I need for Civil War Reenacting but can't imagine getting rid of it. I am not a fan of a lot of the Gibson pickups but love Burstbucker. Luckily this one has them. It is a great guitar that I'll keep. I even love the coil tap tones this thing has.

Hey david 1986 I remember those. I bought the classic white coil splitting sg with burst bucker 1 and burst bucker 3 pups. when they first came out you could only get the two colors. the siver burst is really nice like you said the picture didn't do it justice.i Are you happy with the sound?

• 2 months later...

Hey david 1986 I remember those. I bought the classic white coil splitting sg with burst bucker 1 and burst bucker 3 pups. when they first came out you could only get the two colors. the siver burst is really nice like you said the picture didn't do it justice.i Are you happy with the sound?

Sorry for taking so long to answer your question.......I am very happy with the tone. I use a Fender Vibrochamp XD Tube/DSP hybrid at church going through the PA system, and when with my band a heavily modded Fender Pro Jr 1 going into a Marshall 4x12 cab. Going into both is my Line6 POD XT Live and hopefully soon another Morley Mark Tremonti Wah. I sold my first one and regret it......anywho. I love the sound of the Burstbuckers clean and with a moderate amount of Gain. It seems they excel the most at those. Going through Fender tube amps which are my all time favorite it has a really blues jazzy tone with and without gain. Plus I love the coil taps! I am one that switches pickups according to what is needed with the song I am playing so the coil taps give me 7 options instead of just 3. That diversifies the tones more making for more room for creativity. I have never been a bridge or neck pick only person, and so the coil taps are a happy addition.

What do you like about the way yours sounds?

Archived