Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Sort of!)

69tele

Just acquired this from a relative who wasnt really using it.

In pristine order aside from a bit of checking on the laquer on the neck and a bit of a musty smell in the case.

It's a Buddy Guy USA built Sig. Strat. this one has the gold lace sensors, and built in DBX boost.

it's actually not as yellow as the pics show (I think !) the first pic is from it was new.

bg_strat_5.jpg

bg_1.jpg

bg_2.jpg

bg_3.jpg

Very nice!

I had a trio of Gold lace sensors that were stock with my 96 strat plus, At first I felt were going to work out fine, but after I got used to them, they just seemed to be missing something, could never put my finger on it, so I swapped em out with some fender custom shop PUPs. That was just my personal experience. Enjoy the strat, it does look lovely.

Very nice!

I had a trio of Gold lace sensors that were stock with my 96 strat plus, At first I felt were going to work out fine, but after I got used to them, they just seemed to be missing something, could never put my finger on it, so I swapped em out with some fender custom shop PUPs. That was just my personal experience. Enjoy the strat, it does look lovely.

thanks for all the comments.. I'm also unsure about the lace sensors,,, maybe they sound a bit sterile? was thinking of getting some of the new fender noiseless pups in there.

I'm also unsure about the lace sensors,,, maybe they sound a bit sterile?

yes! that would be a good word for it!

I've heard a lot of people like the Fat 50s, a friend had a set in a strat he wound up selling, said he loved them.

Not sure I'd recommend Texas specials, at times I wonder if it's time to move on to something else. I may try the 50s myself.

Good luck regardless, it's a nice looking Strat, how's it play?

yes! that would be a good word for it!

I've heard a lot of people like the Fat 50s, a friend had a set in a strat he wound up selling, said he loved them.

Not sure I'd recommend Texas specials, at times I wonder if it's time to move on to something else. I may try the 50s myself.

Good luck regardless, it's a nice looking Strat, how's it play?

thanks was thinking of the noiseless as this has the DBX boost and apparently can get very noisy with regular pups.

i had the texas in a tele actually and they had a lot of bite not sure how they would work in a strat.

then again I have a dlx 50th strat with the noiseless pups so it would be quite the same.

thanks was thinking of the noiseless as this has the DBX boost and apparently can get very noisy with regular pups.

i had the texas in a tele actually and they had a lot of bite not sure how they would work in a strat.

then again I have a dlx 50th strat with the noiseless pups so it would be quite the same.

the Texas Specials for Tele's at least as I understand it, do not behave quite the same as the strat trio

With the strat set, the front pickup sounds great, middle pickup is cool too, the Bridge pickup just has an overload of top end, works good in some situations tho. It's really a crap shot with these...

I had a plan to setup an entirely separate assembly on a new pick guard, drop in the Fat 50s and then be able to easily switch between the two cuz I don't HATE the texas specials, but interested it these 50's...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived