Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New Year to All

ol fred

Its been an educational and enjoyable year for me on this forum. From all of you I have learned about Gibson history, guitar construction, guitar sound, spotting fake guitars for sale, your passion for guitar playing and even something about Uncle Jack (or was it uncle Jack) and his horse. Sincere thanks and all the best to all of you in 2013. Happy New Year!!!

Bill

Don't care if this song is a bit sentimental – some songs are and that's that.

As a great fan of the Captured Angel album, I enjoyed this Fogelberg-rehello a lot.

Funny enough I heard his live busker version of If I Were a Carpenter the other day on the Tube. In the tune here he just writes every details straight out of a real situation moment by moment.

It's so plain and naturalistic that it kinds of collides with the pretty big musical arrangement, still it works due to the grandness of the described situation - the big in the very near.

I might have turned it down as a younger man. Now I know better – this is how life once in a while unfolds.

There is a very moving line in The Last Nail tune from Captured Angel goin' :

I hear you've taken on

a husband and child

And live somewhere

in Pennsylvania

I never thought you'd ever

sever the string

But I can't blame you none.

The tune above must be about that woman – I'll listen to both tracks again

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M0H8rnS5sPo

It's so plain and naturalistic that it kinds of collides with the pretty big musical arrangement, still it works due to the grandness of the described situation - the big in the very near.

I might have turned it down as a younger man. Now I know better – this is how live once in a while unfolds.

Ah, but you were so much older then.....

You're younger than that now......

Archived