Gibson Brands Forums

More NAMM offerings including the 339 Studio

Rabs

Man oh man.. that 339 Studio.. I have funny feelings inside when I look at that :)

From the video below.. its got a Dirty Finger Pickup and will be the normal Studio price Hmmmmmmm

ES339Studio_zpsd0689903.jpg

ES 335 Studio

es335studio_zps5fa22d41.jpg

ES 390

ES390_zpsa78b7c25.jpg

ES 335 12 String

ES33512String_zps10ab5f8c.jpg

ES 195

ES195_zpsf358b8cd.jpg

I think the ES Studios should be called Juniors. The Studio is supposed to be the "Standard" only without the fancy binding/inlay/figured tops e.c.t. The only thing these Studios share with the original ES-339 and 335 is the general body outline and the semi-hollowness. Yes it's still an arched top but it's just too basic in my eyes to be a Studio. A single Dirty Fingers Plus in the bridge? Only 2 finishes? (The two shown, the blue and black). And all black anodized hardware. Metal guitarists aren't looking for an entry level ES guitar Gibson! Give us some nickel or chrome and two pickups and Then it'll be a true Studio.

-Ryan

... small size semi-hollow... sexy trapeze bridge... block inlays... mini humbuckers... too.. much.. GAS!!!

Yeah I think the 390 may have replaced my top wanted guitar which was a 336.. Need to see one in real life first obviously.. But DAMMNN it looks good [thumbup]

I think the ES Studios should be called Juniors. The Studio is supposed to be the "Standard" only without the fancy binding/inlay/figured tops e.c.t. The only thing these Studios share with the original ES-339 and 335 is the general body outline.

-Ryan

Yeah agreed... 339 Junior and 335 Junior would make much more sense.. Single pup solid body.. thats exactly what a junior is (or a sepcial if it had two pups which I wish it did).

Yeah agreed... 339 Junior and 335 Junior would make much more sense.. Single pup solid body.. thats exactly what a junior is (or a sepcial if it had two pups which I wish it did).

From a video I saw apparently it Is Semi-hollow...just no f-holes.

Edited my original reply to add the details I learned from the video.

-Ryan

From a video I saw apparently it Is Semi-hollow...just no f-holes.

So chambered really...?? They dont make it easy on themselves to they :) (maybe Studio is right then :unsure: )

Interesting though.. certainly want to try one of those out.

Well I think the 195 looks good...enough for me!

Don't like the 335 or 339 Studio at all though. Still it's yet another sales angle. Doesn't all this fit in nicely with the 'never-ending useless gear rant' thread though?

Archived