Gibson Brands Forums

i did a neil young song on a gibson , blasphemy !

blindboygrunt

thanks sal , very kind .

yeah dropped D

you'll find a few variations of this tune , was on his very first album , then the unplugged album (which is one of my favourite albums ) and the particular version that i have butchered is taken from the end credits of the wonderful heart of gold DVD . not on any album in that arrangment ,which is my favourite .

youtube will have it i'm sure though

I had forgotten about that song too. Unfortunately, nothing loads slower on my cro-mag computer than Soundcloud so I can't get to it.

I've been putting the finishing touches on a (blasphemus) medley played on my ol' L00...'Spoonful', back and forth with MManson's, 'Dope Show'. Also like to mix Neil's 'The Loner' and 'Mr Soul'. I think winter is finally getting to me. Be thankful I can't share here. Do you guys have any morphed/medleys that blend well together?

Do you guys have any morphed/medleys that blend well together?

I have the opening acoustical piece to Yes' Roundabout, just the opening acoustical playing before it goes to full instruments, that I blend into the start of America's Horse With No Name. Seems to blend well with each other, other than my playing thereof.

not perfect by any means , but it has got bone pins

http://snd.sc/XBIL7u

old laughing lady , J45 , martin lifespan strings

that's some nice playing BG. Been a longtime Neil listener, but that one got by me as well. I must say, I do foresee someone busting on you for playing yet another cheerful uplifting melody. Can't recall who, but it's coming my man [laugh]

Nice one. I was laughing when I read the post title as I think the same way- it doesn't feel right on the J45.

I do Out On The Weekend, Harvest, Hank To Hendrix, Heart Of Gold, Long May You Run and others - but usually reach for the D28 for these.

J45 more suited for Beatles, rock, Byrds, Gram etc

I listened again BBG. And I found the youtube of Neil at the end of that concert - sitting on stage and playing alone. I also picked up my J45 and made a go of it.

No Blasphemy at all! I love my Martins, and I know Neil loves his, but this song is made for Gibbytone. There are no two ways about it.

Unfortunately, I can't listen to the song right now. But I wanted to chime in to say that I don't think it is blasphemy at all to play Neil on a Gibson. I am not a big Neil Young fan, and don't know a lot about him, but I have heard that although he plays the Martins live, he has actually done a lot of recording with Gibson acoustics. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable on Neil can confirm this or shoot it down.

I listened again BBG. And I found the youtube of Neil at the end of that concert - sitting on stage and playing alone. I also picked up my J45 and made a go of it.

No Blasphemy at all! I love my Martins, and I know Neil loves his, but this song is made for Gibbytone. There are no two ways about it.

its amazingly simple to play , just using the D shape slid up and down the fret board , strange how when i try and some up with something myself my head says thats too simple :)

no double tracking FB , wouldnt know how :)

thanks , i love that buzz too when it happens , i'm not deliberatly trying for it , neil's a master at it . i have a mate who says he hates it , but i think it sounds great .....am tryin to remember a song off the heart of gold cd where he tunes the E to a C and the thing buzzes the whole way through the song to great effect .

edit : not heart if gold , prairie wind , song is 'falling off the face of the earth'

a real beauty of a song

Archived