Gibson Brands Forums

Woman fights car thieves with bold bluff

CoreyT

Honestly Corey that was incredibly dumb on her part and she is lucky she didn't lose much more than an easily replaceable car. [thumbdn]

I disagree. We have become a Nation of wimps.

I applaud her courage. They suspendeda a kid the other day who DISARMED another student.

They should have given him a medal for saving the kids life.

Guest Farnsbarns

I watched a thief drive away in our much loved classic last year. I could have run out of the house and confronted him. I could have got between him and the exit. I could have got my self run over, stabbed or shot. I wonder if our insurance company would have thanked me, or discounted our premiums. I doubt it.

IMO the lady was stupid to do that. Brave but stupid.

I enjoy hearing about the proverbial "good guy" winning. It needs to happen more and more, but in all sincerity, this lady was very lucky. She wouldn't be telling the story if these two pieces of crap had killed her. Risking your life save family and friends, certainly. For a piece of metal that can be replaced? No way...I'm glad it had a happy ending for her, but it could have easily gone the other way.

I think more have to stand up to these punks these days who thing they can take whatever they want from you.

She did call the police from her cellphone, but she reacted when she saw them come over to the car.

And who knows, the thieves may have planned on doing a bank heist with her car or some other crime that may have got someone killed.

One can only speculate.

But instead the two thieves are now in jail.

However with our stupid judges here they will be back out on the street in no time.

The stones song comes to mind : "Street fightin man" Im in the metro Detroit area,,and self defense is a way of life,other wise you parish.Too bad theres many that want to harm others,just to feed a drug habit,or whatever. Sign of the times? Sad.

Archived