Gibson Brands Forums

Leslie West - Mississippi Queen - Dennis Miller Show

CoreyT

So I have been wanting to learn to play this song, so I have been watching a few videos of Mountain.

Here is a rare one from a TV show that was canceled back in '92, and a very slim Leslie West.

There is another video I have seen before where Leslie gives a lesson how to play the song.

I saw him on that Dennis Miller Show. Corky Laing was Drumming also. Mississippi Queen is a great song that kinda' got labeled Top 40 because it came out on a 45 record. But anybody that ever went to a Mountain concert, no matter how cool they were, or thought they were, wanted to see the "Big Man" do Mississippi Queen. Mountain's encore song, and the arenas rumbled, and shook when Mountain played it. I have the music for it if you want an e-mail copy of it. Yes, L. W. has always been under rated.

Super, super song. The rif IS simple, yet it's hard to get it quite right.

I saw him on that Dennis Miller Show. Corky Laing was Drumming also. Mississippi Queen is a great song that kinda' got labeled Top 40 because it came out on a 45 record. But anybody that ever went to a Mountain concert, no matter how cool they were, or thought they were, wanted to see the "Big Man" do Mississippi Queen. Mountain's encore song, and the arenas rumbled, and shook when Mountain played it. I have the music for it if you want an e-mail copy of it. Yes, L. W. has always been under rated.

They did an album with Jack Bruce on bass (West, Bruce and Laing). A friend had it, I always wanted a copy and never did get one. Maybe I should look around now.

Good to know, thanks! [thumbup] Maybe I can find one (probably not on disk, I need to get set up for vinyl again).

They are on disc, just have to be ordered on- line.

I finally got the scanner to work. The music for Mountain's "Mississippi Queen" is in a file. Bob will get his e-mail. If anyone else wants the music to Mountain's "Mississippi Queen" let me know.

Archived