regarding the shipping/arrival date of my KD SG...Gibson

said it would be toward the end of THIS month (September),

so...if that's true, it would be a bit earlier than previously

expected. So, a cautious "Hurray!!" Still, I'll believe

it, when it's in my hands! [tongue] LOL [biggrin]

CB

That's great CB, can't wait to see the pics!! [thumbup]

congrats!!!!!! and hats off...

you're the first outside of KD to own it!

where did you buy it from!?!?

I ordered it from zZounds.com the day it was announced. Initially, when I ordered the guitar, it was supposed to ship by Sept. 9th but they continually moved the date out for arrival. I'm actually surprised I got it this early.

Lovely! Congratulations, on a great looking SG!

I'm still waiting, on mine.[tongue] Mine comes from a small

family owned dealer. I suppose Gibson supplies the "big box" store orders

first??? It's ok though...it's not like I don't have anything to play! [biggrin]

So, although I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival, and I'll be glad when it gets

here...I just want it to arrive safe and sound, with no problems! [-o<

CB

Lovely! Congratulations, on a great looking SG!

I'm still waiting, on mine.[tongue] Mine comes from a small

family owned dealer. I suppose Gibson supplies the "big box" store orders

first??? It's ok though...it's not like I don't have anything to play! [biggrin]

So, although I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival, and I'll be glad when it gets

here...I just want it to arrive safe and sound, with no problems! [-o<

CB

I usually try to buy my guitars from locally owned music stores as well, but there isn't a Gibson dealer close by. The closest Gibson dealer to me is a Guitar Center, and it's over an hour away. I'm sure your KD SG should be on it's way very soon!

I usually try to buy my guitars from locally owned music stores as well, but there isn't a Gibson dealer close by. The closest Gibson dealer to me is a Guitar Center, and it's over an hour away. I'm sure your KD SG should be on it's way very soon!

Understood...my dealer is in Wichita, which is a 2 hour drive, from where I live.

But, I've been dealing with them, for 40 years...they know me, and my "idiosyncrasies." [biggrin]

CB

• 4 weeks later...

How many, who have recieved their's, have had the often reported "wiring" nightmares, on this model? [unsure][confused]

CB

hey CB:

i got my KDSG about a month ago.

The guitar is drop dead gorgeous.

at first, i felt there might be wiring issues specifically with the middle pickup/toggle/volume but only slightly. Neck & bridge pickups are full and powerful. Middle pickup was just kinda weak and not so much huge difference in tone. in short i expected more for all the discussion of this feature.

this is my first rodeo with a 3 pickup guitar. and my first rodeo with a volume/toggle. If I had another KDSG to comprare and see if the middle pickup is just an overblown bell & whistle i'd feel better about it. Still no matter what, i think it is an incredibly sweet sounding and sweet playing guitar. The Neck is very thin. Very fast.

I want to state that mine does work. It does function. However, for all the fanfare surrounding the volume tog switch, i thought there would be a huge difference in output & tone.

Also, the tophat knobs have a slight wiggle to them on those that are coil splitting. The potentiometers themselves are seated firmly and roll exactly as they should, but if you try wiggling the tophat knobs, there is a slight bit of rocking back and forth. very slight, but it is there.

I have been hoping to make a demo video of the guitar, but to make a good one, with good audio is going to take some time and I havent gotten around to it.

how long till yours arrives?

hey CB:

i got my KDSG about a month ago.

The guitar is drop dead gorgeous.

at first, i felt there might be wiring issues specifically with the middle pickup/toggle/volume but only slightly. Neck & bridge pickups are full and powerful. Middle pickup was just kinda weak and not so much huge difference in tone. in short i expected more for all the discussion of this feature.

this is my first rodeo with a 3 pickup guitar. and my first rodeo with a volume/toggle. If I had another KDSG to comprare and see if the middle pickup is just an overblown bell & whistle i'd feel better about it. Still no matter what, i think it is an incredibly sweet sounding and sweet playing guitar. The Neck is very thin. Very fast.

I want to state that mine does work. It does function. However, for all the fanfare surrounding the volume tog switch, i thought there would be a huge difference in output & tone.

Also, the tophat knobs have a slight wiggle to them on those that are coil splitting. The potentiometers themselves are seated firmly and roll exactly as they should, but if you try wiggling the tophat knobs, there is a slight bit of rocking back and forth. very slight, but it is there.

I have been hoping to make a demo video of the guitar, but to make a good one, with good audio is going to take some time and I havent gotten around to it.

how long till yours arrives?

Glad you're enjoying your's. [biggrin] As to how long before I get mine??? Who Knows, at this point.

Gibson won't commit, to any time frame, for shipping/delivery, to my dealer. We've contacted them,

several times, and just get answers like: "Very Soon," and (on this Monday past) they said "At least,

2-4 weeks, minimum!" So, they keep pushing back the date, apparently. As I mentioned, in another

thread, regarding this, I've been "here" before. My dealer ordered 6 Ace Frehley LP Customs, kept

getting put off, on delivery times, and finally Gibson just (without prior notice, to my dealer) cancelled

their order, entirely...stating "Item Sold Out/Out of Production!" So, I'm still hopeful, but only that...

at this point. Anything could happen. Might show up, tomorrow...or, it may never show up??? [tongue][unsure]

But, I'm philosophical, about it...if it's meant to be, I'll get it...

if not, "C'est La Vie!" I'll just order (and take my chances, on) a

'61 Les Paul (SG) Tribute, with the side/vibrola, instead. There's always "Options!" [biggrin]

Archived