Gibson Brands Forums

another weird one

iluvcrap2000

Ha ha it's getting late, looks red and blue and green to me, my eyes must be going funny.

Seriously it's eyecatching but the knobs and rings make it look odd IMO.

Yeah I think this seems to be Gibsons answer to these PRS models that they have done several of.. (not that im a PRS expert, but ive seen them around for the last few years)...

ar-1-700x700_zpsp2emppzl.jpg

PRS20private20beach20custom04_zpsfe7x89un.jpg

I REALLY don't like it myself, just looks ugly to me.. But im sure there will be people that do, there always are [rolleyes] :)

Gibson you idiots. You never mix red and turquoise. Green and red are complementary colors and when mixed will make a ghastly color. That's why you get that ugly grey/brown streak where the two colors meet near the selector switch. This is high school level color theory, here. PRS didn't screw this up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the look. Also with guitars almost always shown lateral in pictures and paint scheme, would it not make more sense to color it horizontally for when the player is holding it in a playing stance?

Might be tacky either way.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the look.

To me its the kinda piece I look and think; "thats pretty cool". Then I think would I actually buy it? Probably not unless that baby was speaking very well. And who knows it may do that.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the look. Also with guitars almost always shown lateral in pictures and paint scheme, would it not make more sense to color it horizontally for when the player is holding it in a playing stance?

Might be tacky either way.

Here you go.. Does this help :)

R960526-body-large_zpsjmo92dm2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived