Gibson Guitar Board: It had to be done - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

It had to be done Very sad to me

#1 User is offline   SmokeyGhost 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 859
  • Joined: 24-December 15
  • LocationCanberra Region, Australia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

A farewell to some old friends. It ain't that I didn't love them but we no longer saw much of each other and they have found other friends who will hopefully see them more often.

Gone

Cole Clarke FL3AC
Maton EM325C
Crafter Lite CD/CE N
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone SG-400
Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop Pro
PRS SE Singlecut Trem
Gretsch G5135 Corvette
Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin
Tanglewood TW47E
Seagull S6 Original QI
Martin GPCPA4
Artist OM Black Devil
Roland Cube 40-XL
AER Compact 60/2
Vox Mini 3
Yamaha THR 5A

These friends have stayed to keep me comfort in my hours of need

Gibson Les Paul Studio 2014
PRS SE One Korina
Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde
Epiphone ES-175
Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro
Fender 2015 American Standard HSS Shawbucker
Gibson J-45TV
Maton Custom Shop (she will always be by my side)
Martin 000-17SM
Alhambra 7C
Roland AC33
Yamaha THR 10C
Fender Blues Junior III
0

#2 User is offline   surfpup 

  • Picker and Grinner
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10487
  • Joined: 26-May 08
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

That's some pretty serious herd thinning!
0

#3 User is offline   SmokeyGhost 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 859
  • Joined: 24-December 15
  • LocationCanberra Region, Australia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

View Postsurfpup, on 16 March 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

That's some pretty serious herd thinning!


Guess it is. Took a few months but the proceeds did enable me to buy a couple of new gits and a tube amp (first one) with some moolah left over.

There is an additional reason to thin the herd as I've sold my home, my partner has sold hers and we have purchased a three-bedroom townhouse. Got a bit silly with both of us living in our own four-bedroom home with all our respective children having moved out. So we've raised combined $2.2M through the sales and purchased a place for $760,500 with each contributing equally. The remaining funds are not pooled and each is free to do whatever with their share. The townhouse has heaps of storage space internally, plus a two-car garage and large lock-up storeroom attached. It's all coming together in a way.
0

#4 User is offline   merciful-evans 

  • I doubt I'm entitled to a title
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2701
  • Joined: 28-May 15
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Its only sensible. Hard though it may be.

I broke my own 'new one in - old one out' rule already this year.

There's gotta be a limit somewhere.
Hagstrom Deuce / Fylde Acoustic / Variax Standard / Gibson ES-339 / Gibson LP Less+ / PRS SE Custom24 / Hofner HCT-J17 / Camps Spanish / Jackson Soloist / Rickenbacker 650 /Squier Esprit
Miele S5 Power 2200w Vacuum Cleaner
Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander
Verdict 6" vernier scale calipers
Whittard of Chelsea Florence blue teapot
Spear & Jackson 1712PF/INS12 trenching fork

*
Posted Image put the kettle on
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
*
my band BLOWN OUT
0

#5 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8515
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

as long as you come out the other side with no regrets, it's all good.

View Postmerciful-evans, on 17 March 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

There's gotta be a limit somewhere.



There is, when you've run out of room to store the cases.

that's when!
/Ray
0

#6 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostSmokeyGhost, on 16 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Gone

Cole Clarke FL3AC
Maton EM325C
Crafter Lite CD/CE N
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone SG-400
Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop Pro
PRS SE Singlecut Trem
Gretsch G5135 Corvette
Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin
Tanglewood TW47E
Seagull S6 Original QI
Martin GPCPA4
Artist OM Black Devil
Roland Cube 40-XL
AER Compact 60/2
Vox Mini 3
Yamaha THR 5A


I sold my Martin GPCPA4 too. Didn't bond. I'm keeping my Epiphone Standard Les Paul PlusTop....

Posted Image
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#7 User is offline   Digger 

  • Resident Old Fart
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15066
  • Joined: 14-February 08
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

How did you actually sell all that stuff SG?

I'd like to sell all but a couple here but freight kills the interest.
0

#8 User is offline   SmokeyGhost 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 859
  • Joined: 24-December 15
  • LocationCanberra Region, Australia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostDigger, on 17 March 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

How did you actually sell all that stuff SG?

I'd like to sell all but a couple here but freight kills the interest.


G'Day, Dig. Most sold through word of mouth and I also used Gumtree for six of them to local buyers so freight wasn't an issue. All pretty straight forward cash transactions (and I haven't dealt in actual cash for so long I'd almost forgotten what it looks like.)

It was a bit difficult to part with them and I really had to think about doing so but I hadn't played them as often as they should be played plus I considered I needed to reduce the number in preparation for the move. I treated the disposal as getting rid of things and things don't have emotion. It's people who attach emotion to them as you know. It's going to be the same with all my household furniture and if it don't sell then to the tip it goes whether it be a 1900 dresser made out of Huon Pine or a $10 bedside table. My partner is going to do the same. Being ruthless is the only way to go in my opinion.
0

#9 User is offline   Digger 

  • Resident Old Fart
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15066
  • Joined: 14-February 08
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

View PostSmokeyGhost, on 18 March 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

G'Day, Dig. Most sold through word of mouth and I also used Gumtree for six of them to local buyers so freight wasn't an issue. All pretty straight forward cash transactions (and I haven't dealt in actual cash for so long I'd almost forgotten what it looks like.)

It was a bit difficult to part with them and I really had to think about doing so but I hadn't played them as often as they should be played plus I considered I needed to reduce the number in preparation for the move. I treated the disposal as getting rid of things and things don't have emotion. It's people who attach emotion to them as you know. It's going to be the same with all my household furniture and if it don't sell then to the tip it goes whether it be a 1900 dresser made out of Huon Pine or a $10 bedside table. My partner is going to do the same. Being ruthless is the only way to go in my opinion.


Yes I'm soon to do that, well me 'n a skip.
0

#10 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5175
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

Lot of nice ones gone. I've done that, sold everything once. I may sell a Epiphone Standard and get a Gretsch Silver Sparkle Jet. That's the one I let go way back and wish I had it back.
Herman
0

#11 User is offline   Hawkesman 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 02-February 14
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

View Postkidblast, on 17 March 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

There is, when you've run out of room to store the cases.

that's when!


That is so true!
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer
Gibson SG Special
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Firebird V
Ibanez Destroyer II DT50 (1981 - owned from new)
Aria Pro II XRB Bass

Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 2204 (1982 - owned from new)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
H|H VS Musician
H|H VS Bassamp

Cabs:
Marshall '74 2045
Marshall '75 2045
Marshall '75 1982A
Marshall '79 1982A
0

#12 User is offline   Izzy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2199
  • Joined: 12-October 09

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Good going. Bet you feel better. [thumbup]
More room for the new stuff.

I think about the guitars I let go and only the '94 Gibson LP makes me a bit sad because it was my first BUT I never played it. Seriously, it is way better off in my friend's hands and I needed the money so it was a good trade.

Long as you feel good about the load off.... [thumbup]

Good going
======================================================================


I spend a lot of time in my room with my instruments brooding and s%^t. It's cheaper than therapy.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users