Gibson Brands Forums

Re-Importing a guitar with a Rosewood fretboard

Tman

Not sure I would go through this much trouble and aggravation for any guitar. Mister, you're a better man than I. Just curious - will you get hit with import duties assuming the guitar is valued over $800 or whatever the threshold is these days?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I would go through this much trouble and aggravation for any guitar. Mister, you're a better man than I. Just curious - will you get hit with import duties assuming the guitar is valued over $800 or whatever the threshold is these days?

Import duty is normally assessed based on the country of origin of the item, not the place it is shipped from.

Good news, the guitar is now in Ontario, California.

It will be delivered tomorrow or the next day. I'm in Israel on business so I can't see it until next week anyway. Both Andrea at UPS and The good folks at Peach guitars did a great job dealing with the whole thing. Bottom line is that the seller has to fill out the forms that the professor stated, buyer in the US doesn't have to do anything except wait for the instrument. If someone else nabs a 2017 Hummingbird from Peach Guitars in England, it will get to them faster because they now have experience.

Good news, the guitar is now in Ontario, California.

It will be delivered tomorrow or the next day. I'm in Israel on business so I can't see it until next week anyway. Both Andrea at UPS and The good folks at Peach guitars did a great job dealing with the whole thing. Bottom line is that the seller has to fill out the forms that the professor stated, buyer in the US doesn't have to do anything except wait for the instrument. If someone else nabs a 2017 Hummingbird from Peach Guitars in England, it will get to them faster because they now have experience.

Your perseverance has paid off. Bet you can't wait to get home to play it.

That's a lot of bridge pins.

A beautiful looking guitar. . . one of my favorite bursts- even the no-'burst fans have to envy that one.

Congrats for your effort in getting this one home.

Clip-on headstock tuners and 12-string guitars were made for each other.

Absolutely LOVE it! I was on late duty last night and got home at 10:30. Had a glass of vino and just messed around for a few minutes. I didn't have a tuner so who knows what I tuned to by ear.

On Gibson's website it says round profile. I'm a J-45 slim tapered kinda guy. This feels more slim tapered! Very comfortable to play. I'm in heaven! Wife said "Oh that';s a real keeper!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF59atfMHK8

Sounds orchestral. Definitely fills the room. Congrats on the great score!

Thanks you! I played it a bunch last night. Really fantastic guitar. Simplified Jimmy Page riffs kept creeping in. I can't even attempt Leo Kottke. [crying]

Archived