• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Almost Cut My Hair....

#81 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Teachers could get away with quite a bit back in the 60s and 70s. The nuns were the worse.. my first year or two in a catholic school absolutely put the fear of God into me. they were brutal.

I moved to public schools after, begging my mom and dad to NOT send me there..

High school was chaos.

I graduated in 76, I recall one afternoon near the close of the year, my science teacher was having it out with one of the other students at study hall (ha,, great name for that, no studying was possible) this was just before the last bell of the day. No idea what sparked it.

The kid must have told him to screw or some thing like that, and turned to walk away. I was like 10 feet away, and watched it all happen.. Teacher walks up behind this guy grabs him by the shoulder, spins him around "Don't you DARE walk away from me you punk"... that's all he had the chance to say.. Took a right hook in the jaw.. "WHACK!" He wound up on his backside about 15 feet from where he was standing. He wasn't a small guy either,... went down like a sack of rocks. I actually walked over and helped him up to his feet with a few of my friends. I had him for a few years, and I actually liked his classes.. I felt bad for him. Bit off more than he could chew that day.

These days, forget about it, I wouldn't want the job.. no thanks.

This post has been edited by kidblast: 20 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

/Ray

#82 User is offline   MissouriPicker 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIndependence, Missouri

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

Let it grow, Murph. Once you reach a certain age, the folks who are well below that age tend to automatically think those at that "certain age" are undeniably old, disheveled, grouchy, and senile....so uncut hair pretty much goes along with the image. Don't be annoyed with them. Some day, if they're lucky, they'll reach that "certain age" and understand. [thumbup]

This post has been edited by MissouriPicker: 20 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnat...om/larrygarrett

Gibsons J45TV, Hummingbird, Dove, Southern Jumbo Mystic, Advanced Jumbo Rosewood
Advanced Jumbo Koa, J100 Walnut
Alvarez MFA66CE Masterworks OM/Folk
Martin X Series 2016 D12X1AE Dreadnought 12-String
Regal 1944 Parlor Guitar
LAG Nylon Stringed
Oahu 1941 Squareneck Parlor Guitar
Yamaha YPG-535MM Keyboard
and a herd of ukes, banjos, strumsticks, harmonicas and dulcimers,
making me a "jack of all trades and master of none."

#83 User is online   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

View PostMissouriPicker, on 20 April 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Let it grow, Murph. Once you reach a certain age, the folks who are well below that age tend to automatically think those at that "certain age" are undeniably old, disheveled, grouchy, and senile.

I've got that part covered, Larry. Took a while to figure out the advantages.

#84 User is offline   BluesKing777 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:55 AM

Update:

I had a haircut!

I asked my luthier where he had just had his cut. I saw on the web that they were open to 5pm Saturday, so I got there at 4pm to try and avoid the Hipster haircuts that seem to take hours.

So parking was slightly easy but still traumatic - den of thieves area - so I walked in, said hello, sat down to wait and I spy 2 old geezer barbers and 1 beautiful girl barber.....and get this - an acoustic guitar leaning in the corner! So the geezers were still cutting and the girl’s electric chair became available.

And I still live and breath. I may have babbled a bit instead of being cool and my haircut could be horrible but who cares? Can I go back next week - is that too early?

I think my hair would need to grow for 4 weeks before I waas allowed in any of the armed forces.... [unsure] [unsure] [unsure]

BluesKing777.

This post has been edited by BluesKing777: 29 May 2018 - 03:57 AM

#85 User is offline   BluesKing777 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

Double post, sorty.

This post has been edited by BluesKing777: 29 May 2018 - 03:57 AM

#86 User is offline   E-minor7 

• Winger

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:06 AM

Update :

I have a ticket for the next Croz-concert around - we got major seats.

"Everybody's saying that music is lOVE"

. . . . .. Yeah
You just can't keep coincidences down. .
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

#87 User is online   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

View PostBluesKing777, on 29 May 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

Update:

I had a haircut!

Sold out to the man.....

#88 User is online   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

I actually got mine cut a few weeks back, however I always wait real long till it's almost too late (might as well let it grow) and then get it cut to where it looks like I need a haircut.

:huh:

#89 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:25 AM

“I look down to see the people that are governing me and making my rules — and they haven’t got any hair on their head. I get very uptight about it.” —Bob Dylan, 1963

#90 User is online   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:28 AM

View Postblindboygrunt, on 29 May 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

“I look down to see the people that are governing me and making my rules — and they haven’t got any hair on their head. I get very uptight about it.” —Bob Dylan, 1963

Makes you wonder.

Does absolute power corrupt hair follicles ?

:-k

#91 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:29 AM

DYLAN: The thing that most people don't realize is that it's warmer to have long hair. Everybody wants to be warm. People with short hair freeze easily. Then they try to hide their coldness, and they get jealous of everybody that's warm. Then they become either barbers or Congressmen. A lot of prison wardens have short hair. Have you ever noticed that Abraham Lincoln's hair was much longer than John Wilkes Booth's?

PLAYBOY: Do you think Lincoln wore his hair long to keep his head warm?

DYLAN: Actually, I think it was for medical reasons, which are none of my business. But I guess if you figure it out, you realize that all of one's hair surrounds and lays on the brain inside your head. Mathematically speaking, the more of it you can get out of your head, the better. People who want free minds sometimes overlook the fact that you have to have an uncluttered brain. Obviously, if you get your hair on the outside of your head, your brain will be a little more freer. But all this talk about long hair is just a trick. It's been thought up by men and women who look like cigars - the anti-happiness committee. They're all freeloaders and cops. You can tell who they are: They're always carrying calendars, guns or scissors. They're all trying to get into your quicksand. They think you've got something. I don't know why Abe Lincoln had long hair.

#92 User is online   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

View Postblindboygrunt, on 29 May 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

all of one's hair surrounds and lays on the brain inside your head. Mathematically speaking, the more of it you can get out of your head, the better. People who want free minds sometimes overlook the fact that you have to have an uncluttered brain. Obviously, if you get your hair on the outside of your head, your brain will be a little more freer.

My new favorite quote.

#93 User is offline   BluesKing777 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

If you travelled to Malaysia via Singapore in the 70s, and you had long hair, the officials at the airport stamped your passport with “Suspected Hippy In Transit” = (S.H.I.T.).

Hong Kong to China.....”Pervert” for long hairs.....

:mellow: :mellow: [mellow]

But the worst was my headmaster at high school.......he thought if he chased BK across the sportsgrounds as I escaped over the fences, calling out, he would cut my hair and throw away my dirty unshined boots........but he never found out! [tongue] [tongue] [flapper]

BluesKing777.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users