Gibson Brands Forums

Teles and such.

nikko18

Been into teles alot lately. So much that I am building one in my shop class.

I was thinking I would call it The Master Caster [crying]

Anyways anybody have any cools videos or things they can share about telecasters?

I found this video. Seriuslly thinking about putting a pickup arrangment like this in my tele. It sounds great. I love the tone he gets when he plays little wing, the second time that is.

Well, the guitar in that video is shaped like a Tele, but with that pickup configuration, I don't know if I'd call it a Tele. Cool and very versatile, yes, but more like a hot rodded Strat.

I have a 52 RI and, while it sounds like *** with heavier amounts of gain, it'ss a good, honest sounding guitar that sounds best clean or through a mildly overdriven amp and then it sounds GREAT. Biting bridge pup, thick and smokey neck, and jangly and poppin' with both pups on.

But that's just what *I* like; ymmv.

My 52 RI:

tele1.jpg

tele2.jpg

tele3.jpg

tele4.jpg

I have a 52 RI and' date=' while it sounds like *** with heavier amounts of gain, it'ss a good, honest sounding guitar that sounds best clean or through a mildly overdriven amp and then it sounds GREAT. Biting bridge pup, thick and smokey neck, and jangly and poppin' with both pups on.

My 52 RI:

[img']http://www.richci.com/images/tele1.jpg[/img]

tele2.jpg

tele3.jpg

tele4.jpg

[blink][woot][love][drool]=P~

That's simply breath-taking Richie! We're talking serious gas-attack at the moment! Congrats man!

I play that one a lot of home but never with my band; I've tried it a couple of times but it just doesn't work with what we do. I play mostly with overdrive and that Tele isn't particularly good for that stuff so I mainly play a Strat and sometimes my LP.

I play that one a lot of home but never with my band; I've tried it a couple of times but it just doesn't work with what we do. I play mostly with overdrive and that Tele isn't particularly good for that stuff so I mainly play a Strat and sometimes my LP.

Never underestimate the power of a Tele mate.

When I was playing in my last shot at the big time band' date='the bass player from Rose Tattoo came up to me after a gig and wanted to know how I got such a huge sound outta my Tele. ****ed if I knew. I was just doing what I always did. We were a hard rock band,I filled in the gaps as best as I could. Tele - BOSS ME-5 - JCM800 quad.

Have faith mate. Weapon of choice for many[wink'] you make do with what you have.

Never underestimate the power of a Tele mate.

When I was playing in my last shot at the big time band' date='the bass player from Rose Tattoo came up to me after a gig and wanted to know how I got such a huge sound outta my Tele. ****ed if I knew. I was just doing what I always did. We were a hard rock band,I filled in the gaps as best as I could. Tele - BOSS ME-5 - JCM800 quad.

Have faith mate. Weapon of choice for many[wink'] you make do with what you have.

I *can* get heavy tones out of my 52 RI, but I have other guitars that do it better. I'm a lazy bastard and like to have to bring only one guitar to band rehearsals and a Strat just covers all of the bases for me, especially when I work a treble booster into the mix. There is at least one song we play where the Tele would work best, there are several where my LP would work best, there's one where my SG Jr would work best but I'm not about to haul four guitars around; if we were recording, it'd be a different story. Two is my limit. :-

I play my tele all the time. Surfpup I guess you hit the nail on the head.

It has a tone control. I run mine the same. I just started messing with

my VM Marshall and the tele and it sounds great through it. The VM has

2 pre-amp controls and you can get an great sound with a single coil.

My 73!

IMG_0199.jpg

CW

I have a 52 RI and' date=' while it sounds like *** with heavier amounts of gain, it'ss a good, honest sounding guitar that sounds best clean or through a mildly overdriven amp and then it sounds GREAT. Biting bridge pup, thick and smokey neck, and jangly and poppin' with both pups on.

We're two, like that comment Rich!

[img']http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/DeVeeWee/DSC00926-2.jpg[/img]

Tele's used to look very "unfinished" to me...i'm starting to gain more of an appreciation for them now though....depends on the tunes of course....

Californiaman, i can say i'm not a fan of that green color on the one you posted above....no offense meant if thats your guitar....just doesn't do it for me. That natural woodgrain one looks pretty suite though....

ill play!

i never had a tele until early summer of this year...when i bought this little guy...

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

i play it thru this...

IMG_0589.jpg

and it sounds out of this world!

but then i got into the world of masterbuilt custom T-Style guitars...and here you go...(bought about a month later)

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

and i can honestly say that my love for teles keeps on growing and growing...

i think i need to step my les paul game up a bit more so i dont get infected!

haha

Archived