Gibson Brands Forums

Teles and such.

nikko18

thanks and believe it or not they both sound/feel quite different...

the rosewood is MIJ and poly and its smooth as glass and lots of fun to play with a little thinner neck...a cross between my les paul and strat (62)

the Ron Kirn Barnbuster is Pine (105+ years old!) and feels like half the weight of my Rosewood...the neck is a baseball bat (and i love it!)

and the sound...well its quintessential telecaster as far as im concerned

alot of people either love/hate pinecasters...i happen to love them regardless of their "soft wood" status...sure it dings much easier than my rosewood....but i dont run a museum so its all gravy!

thanks for the compliment surfpup!

I have a little "Highway 1" "Texas Telecaster" (with noiseless Tele pickups) and every time I play it, I think..."Man, this has it all!"

They can do it all...from Led Zeppelin, to blues, country, and even Jazz. I did install a 4-way selector switch, just for fun. I like

that extra slightly different tone, it allows.

CB

I love teles.

But if you put two humbuckers in a tele...just kill your self.

Funny. That's exactly what I'm going to do with the one I'm building. Van zandt uncovered zebra humbucker in the neck' date=' van zandt true vintage single coil in the middle and a covered Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I've got the whole thing planned out down to the finish now. Except for wiring and controls. Still trying to decide whether to go with the simple normal tele controls but with a five way switch or have three double pots that are volume and tone for each pickup.

Oh yes! I will also have coil taps on the humbuckers so I can still have single coil sounds in those position too :']

• 4 months later...

Archived