Gibson Brands Forums

2001 Emerald Green Les Paul studio (pics)

ednova327

Hello. Could someone help me with some info. I have a 2001 LP studio in a transparent emerald green. I bought it used in 2003 off of ebay. I have only seen one other in this color but it had gold hardware and I can't find where Gibson offered this color in 2001. thanks Ed

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know this topic has been sitting for a while, but I just had to add my "expertise"...

I'm glad to finally see another emerald green Les Paul. I ordered mine new in 1999, emerald green with nickel hardware. I can't remember all of the other colors offered, but the green one was just what I was after. I didn't realize that I might be getting something rare. lol

Thank you all. This guitar plays like a dream. It got me hooked on Les Pauls. So last year I bought a new LP custom in white. I favor the custom a little more but thats because I paid about 5 times more than I got the studio for. I wished they offerd the custom in green. Thanks rogerb I will e-mail the serial over.

I know this topic has been sitting for a while, but I just had to add my "expertise"...

I'm glad to finally see another emerald green Les Paul. I ordered mine new in 1999, emerald green with nickel hardware. I can't remember all of the other colors offered, but the green one was just what I was after. I didn't realize that I might be getting something rare. lol

I believe this color started with the gem series but they ended in 1998. There has been a couple sites saying they used the left over color for later year studios.I have seen pictures of green w/gold hardware but never another one with nickel. The LP just looks so nice in this color. Too bad they don't offer it anymore. But like you said maybe we will have something rare one day???

• 1 year later...

I believe this color started with the gem series but they ended in 1998. There has been a couple sites saying they used the left over color for later year studios.I have seen pictures of green w/gold hardware but never another one with nickel. The LP just looks so nice in this color. Too bad they don't offer it anymore. But like you said maybe we will have something rare one day???

All I've heard about it is that gibson used the rest of the emerald green paint on this run. I have a 2001 model emerald green with gold hardware. I've since added the 5 ply pick gaurd and gold custom shop knobs.

• 5 years later...

I picked up a 98 Studio Emerald with nickel for my son. From what the interwebs say after they stopped the GEM series they ran out the paint on studios. Ive seen a few gold hardware Ive never seen it with nickel until i found this post. I have to get a picture up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I also have and emerald green Gibson LP Studio with nickel hardware.  I was thinking of selling it to a friend and wonder if it will be a collector’s item one day and I’d be making a big mistake.  It’s in pretty good condition with just a few minor chips.  Anybody think I should just hold on to it?  I don’t really need the money but I need space because I have too many guitars.  Opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks 

14 hours ago, Chumly77 said:

I also have and emerald green Gibson LP Studio with nickel hardware.  I was thinking of selling it to a friend and wonder if it will be a collector’s item one day and I’d be making a big mistake.  It’s in pretty good condition with just a few minor chips.  Anybody think I should just hold on to it?  I don’t really need the money but I need space because I have too many guitars.  Opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks 

He wants it. You don't. Sell it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Heyo, just thought I'd chime in here. 

I've got one too, Jan 19th 2001, Nashville. Think I picked it up in San Diego at the Gibson store, was a while back (after of course my wine red was stolen in LA...and my motorcycle jacket...grrr). 

Chrome hardware, but dot inlays...

Good playing guitar! Just wanted to say add one more to the list...

Edited by jetweed

• 3 weeks later...