Gibson Brands Forums

First Look - Roland Cube Micro GX, Cube Lite and Cube 20GX

CoreyT

I will be picking up the new Micro Cube GX when it is released.

Yesterday the temps in Western WA. were quite high, so I had my portable air-con unit running, and it was to noisy in my place.

Took my guitars out on the porch to play and relaxed in a nice camping chair.

Jammed along with some tunes on my iPod and an external speaker, but of course no amp out there.

This Micro Cube can also run on 6 AA batteries, so it would have been perfect for a porch jam.

I don't know, I wasn't impressed Corey, The clean sound wasn't to my liking at all, and I guess I've never really been keen on these Roland cubes anyway. (to each his own ya know)

if it's not too late for you to back out of the pre-order, I would seriously check out The Mustang mini V2.

I simply think it does more, and IMHO will sound better.

http://www.fender.com/series/mustang/mustang-mini-120v

I have a mustang III,recently I've been in some what of a reunion with some band mates from years ago to do a benefit, I've been using just the mustang III and the 2+4 button foot switches to control amp models / effects etc, (leaving my much heavier tube combos and pedal board at home)

So far I have been very happy with this setup. It's doing everything I need it to do.

I'll also drag it out on the deck occasionally.. Definite overkill for that, when I have 130 bucks to throw around, I've been thinking about picking up the mini.

I just happen to think these Fender Mustangs are head and shoulders beyond anything else in this range.

Maybe you'll like what you hear? check it out.

Well shoot, my Sweetwater rep said they are not due until September, and the ones you see in the vids are prototypes.

He carries the Mustang mini, and it uses 6 C cells, but it eats them fast.

hmmm an extension cord not an option for you?

I'm surprised you just didn't hang on to the MI and use that on yer deck.

I just keep an extension cable handy and plug it into to a GFI outlet that's on the deck.

Not really, as I also want to take this camping, or just for a day up in the mountains sitting beside a nice creek or river.

It is to bad my little Boss/Roland JS-10 does not run on batteries, as that has all the amp modeling and effects too, plus backing tracks.

I love my bass cube, it was great when we had a power failure, I was still able to play my bass plus I hooked my ipod up to it and we still had music. I says in the instructions that it will run 19 hours on 6 AA batteries [cool]

I have one of these, wish it was also battery powered.

It accepts iPod, Droids, and device via 1/8" jack to jam with, and also has built in jam tracks and tons of amp modeling.

I just dumped a Cube 30X ...

For micro amps I like the THRs. I used battery mode yesterday for the first time. It awesome. I met a guy selling a guitar on CL. Pulled out the little battery amp in the parking lot at GC to check everything out. We ended up playing for quite a bit before the deal was closed.

I love the projection on the THRs ... very cool and great sound all the way through the volume range.

The new Rolands may be even better ... I haven't seen them. The blonde chick in the demo doesn't hurt.

This is the model I have:

IMO, they did a good job of capturing the amp's tone in the video.

Sorry for bustin' on the Cube thread, I just wish all of my gear money had been spent as well as what I spent on the THR

Just bought this.

I may still get the Micro Cube GX to try out, and maybe give it to my younger son.

The bad thing about the Yamaha is the batteries last 6 hours compared to 20+ with the Micro Cube.

But the video below I think the Yamaha sounds pretty good.

Thanks Bob, just now saw your post on how many batteries it takes.

I don't use battery mode much, so battery life isn't that big of a deal for me. I think you'll like the THR

Pretty much the only thing I use my Micro Cube for is running backing tracks and such through the Aux In while I jam on my main amp...Though when I want to be mobile, it works in a pinch.

Good choice on the THR though. Let me know what you think of them. I was looking for something to replace the Micro Cube.

-Ryan

Archived