Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby Modification

Okie Bob

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I got to start somewhere.

I seen a modification done to a Bigsby Tremolo that I really like but couldn't find any info on it.

So I did the Mod to my Bigsby B3 that I put on my Epip 339 Pro.

I think this Modification would work on any Bigsby. Here is a link to it on Youtube.

Sure makes string changes on a dark stage easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlK8b9BZkZU

All three of my Epiphone 339 Pros have the Bigsby Mod done to them, love it.

image36756.jpg

Hey Rastus, do you actually have 60 guitars [scared] ? Do you have a guitar shop ? [biggrin][thumbup]

Yeah Crusty, I thought I had it bad until I ran into someone on MyLP who has 600+, now I don't feel so bad, LOL.

BTW: the link in my sig will show you some of them.

EDIT: seems my file host DropBox is playing up, I'll try and sort it out ASAP.

Hey Rastus, do you actually have 60 guitars [scared] ? Do you have a guitar shop ? [biggrin][thumbup]

Got the collection link working again, it was a massive outage at Dropbox, should've seen the flaming going on in their forums over it, LOL.

• 1 month later...

if you aren't into all this do it yourself business (great job, by the by), callaham offers their version here:

click here, then scroll down a little bit

i've had one sitting on a shelf for about a year now. i'll get to it, i swear.

I had heard of callaham mod. but hadn't seen it other than someone showing the Bigsby already done and mounted in a Youtube video.

That's pretty cool that you can buy the string Bar already drilled.

The price is a little steep but if you don't have the ability or the tools that would be the way to go.

I can modify a string bar in 15 min when I'm set-up for it.

In any case I have modified all four of mine and have had no problems

Still Rocking the 339 pros

I had heard of callaham mod. but hadn't seen it other than someone showing the Bigsby already done and mounted in a Youtube video.

That's pretty cool that you can buy the string Bar already drilled.

The price is a little steep but if you don't have the ability or the tools that would be the way to go.

I can modify a string bar in 15 min when I'm set-up for it.

In any case I have modified all four of mine and have had no problems

Still Rocking the 339 pros

My previous post was done before I read this. Callaham makes some great stuff. I have a Callaham trem block on my Strat and I love it. I have to say I like their version better than Vibramate, especially with the option for the front roller bar. I might bite the bullet and buy a set for one of my Bigsbys. But if you need something in gold or black, Vibramate might be the only way to go unless you can do the actual mod like Bob, which ain't an option for me.

if you aren't into all this do it yourself business (great job, by the by), callaham offers their version here:

click here, then scroll down a little bit

i've had one sitting on a shelf for about a year now. i'll get to it, i swear.

I thought the above quote was also gonna come up in my previous post, but it didn't and I can't delete it.

My previous post was done before I read this. I can a-test for Callaham, they make some great stuff. I have a Callaham trem block on my Strat and I love it. I have to say I like their version better than Vibramate, especially with the option for the front roller bar and it doesn't look like an add-on. I might bite the bullet and buy a set for one of my Bigsbys. But if you need something in gold or black, Vibramate might be the only way to go unless you can do the actual mod like Bob, which ain't an option for me.

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I got to start somewhere.

I seen a modification done to a Bigsby Tremolo that I really like but couldn't find any info on it.

So I did the Mod to my Bigsby B3 that I put on my Epip 339 Pro.

I think this Modification would work on any Bigsby. Here is a link to it on Youtube.

Sure makes string changes on a dark stage easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlK8b9BZkZU

ohhhhh Bob i'm LOVING that !!!!

too late tonight but the coming weekend i'll be doing that exact mod to the Bigs I installed on my Tele several yrs back.

i've done this type of work my entire adult life (I was a gunsmith for several years for goodness sake) but it simply never dawned on me to do THIS !!

Thanks for posting that!

• 1 month later...

ohhhhh Bob i'm LOVING that !!!!

too late tonight but the coming weekend i'll be doing that exact mod to the Bigs I installed on my Tele several yrs back.

i've done this type of work my entire adult life (I was a gunsmith for several years for goodness sake) but it simply never dawned on me to do THIS !!

Thanks for posting that!

Hey Glad it helped you out that's the whole idea.

Let me know how it turns out.

Bobby

Archived