Gibson Brands Forums

The Poet Game

MorrisrownSal

Never heard this song before. Yes, the guitar sounds great and likely records just as wonderfully as folks say it does.

But...

You're pretty much the star here--that was heartfelt and compelling, and no, I'm not just trying to get on your good side. 😜

I did truly enjoy that, and you know what? I no longer think it matters much which guitar is in your hands. You get them all to sing for you now.

Bravo!

1486241577[/url]' post='1832895']

Dang Sal. Your setting the bar way to high for folks like me to post a song on here

I love sharing.... but be certain. Starting with Em, Anne, Stu, Ben... Blues... and the Flat one...they all are a leg up on me and always will... but it's not a race. And Keith... I can match your guitar... but will never match your voice.

I guess what I am trying to say is... I love recording at home... some my own (weak), mostly covers, and I love this forum. But I have no delusions of grandeur about my arthritic cowboy chord hands, and my weird voice,

I'm sure I left many out whose playing and sharing I relish like those above.... sorry if I did. Unintentional.

Sal,I can see why you like that song.I actually thought it may an original of yours and you were being modest in not saying.I looked it up and found it was a Greg Brown.The lyrics sound like something you may write, judging from the feel of a couple of originals you've posted.

Nice song and lovely recording by your good self. [thumbup] .Besides a thumbs up I should give you a thumbs sideways..for your Salchords...which I like seeing too!

Kelly... thanks. I'm 50 yrs old... picked up a guitar when I was 14. For that amount of time, I should be Clapton...

Have a great weekend... and Go "Anyone except the Pats"

I just started three years ago. But I still should work harder. I agree ANYONE but the Pats and the cowboys.

Excellent Sal! Never heard the song before, but thoroughly enjoyed it and your performance. It sounded like a song you could have written. That Martin records very, very, well. Last time I was in a reasonably big music store with a good selection of Martins and Gibsons was about six months ago. A Martin 000-15M was the best of the bunch for me that day, better than guitars four times the price.

Lars

The 15 series Martins are really one of their best lines, amazing bang for the buck. They to me are the most 'Gibsonesque' of the Martin range. There is a real midrange that is generally missing from many Martins. I still miss a lot my 00-15. And, they blend really, really well with you voice as a lovelly foundation ... almost, as good as your Hummingbird Sal.

Sounds real good, Sal. You do it very well. Greg Brown writes some great folksy songs and this is one of them. You keep the rhythm and tempo perfectly and vocals put the song across in a way that people can identify with the theme. The guitar sounds good, but you sound good with any of your guitars. This is one of Brown's lengthy songs, of which there are many, and you held my interest all the way through.

Hard time keeping up with you, Sal, you are really prolific...this one is another great job on your part...as I've said before, there is just a steadiness to your delivery that's very pleasing...and you deliver lyrics in a kind of open and clear-spoken way that really enhances and heightens them...great job.

Archived