Gibson Brands Forums

Goldtop Gibson Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute Roll Call

truetone6

Ok,the purpose of this thread is to try and figure out how many Goldtop Studio 50s Tributes are really out there. If you got one post it(with photos if possible)Tell us where and when you got it if. If you have one on order tell us where you ordered it from and what the ETA is. If you see any for sale in stores,ebay,craiglist let us know.Any other info is welcome but please post about the Goldtops only so these thread keeps on track. Maybe we can even start a register of serial numbers.

I am still helplessly hoping that my GT will arrive at MF next week. How anyone else got one on order?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked mine up, this past Wednesday afternoon, at E.M. Shorts, after a

5 month wait. Was ordered last March, came in this past Tuesday.

Kept it about 4 months, until the '60's version came out! Bought one

of those, with a nicer back, and the same basic tone...got rid of the

puny caps, and put in "orange drops," like the '50's had, and it's

identical, now...with a faster neck. So, I traded the '50's in, along

with 3 other guitars I wasn't playing anymore, on my new "Classic Custom" Gold Top!

Here's the '60's version, I kept!

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

CB

Hello Everybody! I have ordered mine on 21th of May in Budapest, Hungary, from a shop called "Mezzoforte". According to the owner, they have ordered 6 Slash Les Pauls, 1 50th Anniversary LP Custom, and 8 50's Tributes (2 of them are GT's). 4 of the Slash guitars, and the Custom arrived last week, but they don't even have any info on the Tributes. From month to month they keep saying: "Maybe during next month"...Does anyone know, that here in Europe anybody received His?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I got mine last Monday at Ye Olde Music Store in Hanahan, North Chaleston, SOuth Carolina.

Played last Friday at a gig in France

http://www.drpickup.com/2010/concerts/drp-lebarbelge-151010-pics/

Fantastic guitar for the price (under a grand)lovely neck, no paint on the neck, great tone and pickups, it's the lightest LP I have ever had. Very happy with the guitar.

Played three sets through a Koch Studiotone - very low volume (see settings in pictures on the web as I can't seems to post more than one picture)and had a great time.

Bruce Stringkiller

www.drpickup.com

Hi everyone,

I got mine last Monday at Ye Olde Music Store in Hanahan, North Chaleston, SOuth Carolina.

Played last Friday at a gig in France

http://www.drpickup.com/2010/concerts/drp-lebarbelge-151010-pics/

Fantastic guitar for the price (under a grand)lovely neck, no paint on the neck, great tone and pickups, it's the lightest LP I have ever had. Very happy with the guitar.

Played three sets through a Koch Studiotone - very low volume (see settings in pictures on the web as I can't seems to post more than one picture)and had a great time.

Bruce Stringkiller

www.drpickup.com

Great to see that the 50s ttribute is gig worthy. Nice pics! Those pics of the young groups people reminded me of my college days [thumbup]

From Australia

I have a Goldtop got mine when I noticed an Ebay seller who had a Black one on Aussie Ebay so I emailed to see if he had any Goldtops on backorder and sure enough he did.So I just jumped on it knowing,full well that not many of these would make it to Australia in the August shipment.I've had mine for about a month and am pretty happy with, it will post sum pics soon.I only hope that Gibson stick to their guns and really only make a limited run of these unlike the Epiphone 56 Goldtop re-issue that says limited edition on the truss rod cover how many more years is that going to go on for,till they have reached their limit.

later Gilly Zoom

Hey guys,if you vote before that you had one on order but have since then have received your Goldtop,please delete your previous vote from on order and vote again to add your guitar to the have column. And don't forget to post a photo of your new guitar.Thanks!

This is mine.

101_0557-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

GC contacted me with the news of being able to make a special order through my local store. I did and now have a Goldtop with a 4 piece back. There is not much in the way of aging along the edges. I've already tweaked the action and pickup heights.

She sounds good when hooked up to any of the amps I have tried. The edges of the fretboard are rough in a couple of places. I'll smooth these out later on. All in all a keeper.

No problems with the switch. I plan to switch over to witch hat knobs as I'm not enamored with the metal inserts. I'll also most likely add a solid color cavity cover as well.

• 2 months later...

Wow,after trying to order one since Sept and bugging the Canadian supplier and my dealer I was informed Jan 31st Gibson had a couple gold tops available.So I contacted My dealer and now have a Gold Top on order and waiting to join my Gibson SG 3.

Wow,after trying to order one since Sept and bugging the Canadian supplier and my dealer I was informed Jan 31st Gibson had a couple gold tops available.So I contacted My dealer and now have a Gold Top on order and waiting to join my Gibson SG 3.

Hey blazer that is slow.... I know who your supplier is but who is your dealer..? and is that a 50s tribute they are going to get you..? not a 60s tribute which they now have available..? I've have had my 50s tribute since Oct. from YVS

Last thursday, Feb. 03rd, just before midnight a friend notified me that www.thomann.de (a german store) had them listed as available again (the 50s tribute gt). I ordered right away, so did my friend (each of us ordered just one, unfortunately). We got them today. Mine has a four piece back, weighs about 3.545 grams and plays and sounds awsome. When I checked www.thomann.de again today they were sold out - not even 36 hours after we ordered. The price was 777 Euro (equals USD 1,002.64) for the new guitar in original box with original gigbag and warranty. My buddy and I were pretty lucky, I guess... :)

Last thursday, Feb. 03rd, just before midnight a friend notified me that www.thomann.de (a german store) had them listed as available again (the 50s tribute gt). I ordered right away, so did my friend (each of us ordered just one, unfortunately). We got them today. Mine has a four piece back, weighs about 3.545 grams and plays and sounds awsome. When I checked www.thomann.de again today they were sold out - not even 36 hours after we ordered. The price was 777 Euro (equals USD 1,002.64) for the new guitar in original box with original gigbag and warranty. My buddy and I were pretty lucky, I guess... :)

You know the rules...Photos, or it "didn't happen!" ;>)

CB

Archived