Gibson Brands Forums

I need help choosing a replacement case for my SG

El_Jeffe_Solid

The case for my old 74 SG is falling apart and smells like butt, so I needs to gets me a new case. Both the Gator GW-SGS Traditional Wood Case and the

TKL 7826 SG Style Electric Guitar Case have good reviews. What I'm looking for most of all though is a case that has good neck support, as SGs are a bit notorious for broken necks. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

I've bought three replacement cases over the last couple of years. As TKL cases are good enough for Gibson to put their name on, I figured they were good enough for me, so I stuck with the OEM supplier, TKL.

Many TKL cases have a double neck support, one on each side of the pocket, plus a "ramped up" area at the heel. The cases I bought (Les Paul, L-5, Tenor Banjo) were a perfect fit and finish, and very reasonably priced.

.... Many TKL cases have a double neck support, one on each side of the pocket, plus a "ramped up" area at the heel. ....

+1 . . . for TKL

This "ramped up" area gives some important extra support to the vulnerable SG neck joint.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GarrettH

I also recommend checking www.cedarcreekcases.com. This is a divison of TKL and they always have some great options.

Archived