Gibson Brands Forums

J 45 custom amber burst

JuanCarlosVejar

Hello,

My first post here. I have this guitar and it is wonderful. I wasn't all that pumped about the gold tuners but they have grown on me.

My current Gibson lineup is :

J-45 TV

J-45 Custom Amber Burst

Hummingbird

1969 J-50

1956 LG-1

I have other guitars but they don't see the light of day.

Keith

Hello,

My first post here. I have this guitar and it is wonderful. I wasn't all that pumped about the gold tuners but they have grown on me.

Keith

Welcome, Keith. Nice selection of Gibsons you have there. I'd be interested in your thoughts about your TV vs. the Custom, particularly the rosewood vs. the 'hog. I believe the Custom has a Sitka top, and the TV an adi top as well.

You won't find a huge amount of love here (at least from me) for Rotomatics in any form, just because of their visual bulk and physical mass. You could have a nice, elegant set of Waverly's on the guitar, and it would be pretty sweet.

Welcome, Keith. Nice selection of Gibsons you have there. I'd be interested in your thoughts about your TV vs. the Custom, particularly the rosewood vs. the 'hog. I believe the Custom has a Sitka top, and the TV an adi top as well.

You won't find a huge amount of love here (at least from me) for Rotomatics in any form, just because of their visual bulk and physical mass. You could have a nice, elegant set of Waverly's on the guitar, and it would be pretty sweet.

The custom has more of a bass growl and the TV seems to be more fluid across all the strings. I enjoy playing both and try to play them 2 to 3 times a week. I don't play any particular style on either one. I go through stages of fingerpicking to strumming and singing to picking scales.

I'm always hesitant about modifying the original and wouldn't want to add any new holes.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My current Gibson lineup is :

J-45 TV

J-45 Custom Amber Burst

Hummingbird

1969 J-50

1956 LG-1

I have other guitars but they don't see the light of day.

Keith

How does the J45 Custom compare to the Hummingbird?

Archived