Gibson Brands Forums

Since we were talking about Blackstar 5 watt amps last week...

CoreyT

New video up from NstuffMusic.

Blackstar HT5TH Limited Edition 2x10 Combo Amp

There other combo has a 12" speaker, this one has 2x10s in it, and is a limited run.

Sounds good, but I am partial to it since I picked up the 5 watt head with reverb last weekend.

These are Celestion speakers too.

Musikmesse 2007 saw the launch of Blackstar Amplification. To celebrate Blackstar's 5th anniversary we are launching a special, limited edition HT-5 2x10 combo. Based on the award winning HT-5R, the HT-5TH has the same patented features but with a unique cosmetic - cream covering, anniversary weave fret cloth and limited edition front panel. Each unit will also come with a unique certificate. The production run will be limited to just 2500 pieces worldwide.

Blackstar HT-5TH Limited Edition 2x10 Combo Amp Specifications:

Innovative 5 Watt valve combo

1xECC83 and 1x12BH7 valves

Unique push pull power amp design

Award winning HT Pedal preamp

Two footswitchable channels

2x 10" Celestion speakers

Enhanced tone controls

Patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF)

Fully equipped for studio or practice

Digital Stereo Reverb

Speaker emulated output with 1x12 or 4x12 voicing

Effects loop with effects level switch

Footswitch included

Custom cosmetics

Features:

5 watt, 1xECC83, 1x12BH7

An innovate 5 Watt, footswitchable 2 channel valve combo/head that uses 1xECC83 and 1x12BH7 valves.

Limited Edition Cosmetics

Unique cosmetics including cream covering, anniversary weave fret cloth and a limited edition front panel.

ISF (Infinite Shape Feature)

Our patented ISF control can take you from the USA to the UK and anywhere between in seconds.

2 x 10" Celestion Speakers

The limited edition HT-5TH features a duo of 10" Celestion speakers.

I've never been a fan of NStuff's vids, think its because usually they just use the jazz player

And All their demoers ever play is lead, and it's always some kind of jazz or jazz-infused blues. Need some other styles in there, as well as some rhythm playing.

-Ryan

It sounds really good. I wonder how they get 5 watts out of a 12ax7 power tube, though. It surely can't be the same 5 watts you get out of a 6V6, no?

I'm not a fan of using a lot of speaker on a small amp. I like small speakers on small amps. Oddly enough, to my ear, amps sound small and weak when they have too much speaker.

It sounds really good. I wonder how they get 5 watts out of a 12ax7 power tube, though. It surely can't be the same 5 watts you get out of a 6V6, no?

I'm not a fan of using a lot of speaker on a small amp. I like small speakers on small amps. Oddly enough, to my ear, amps sound small and weak when they have too much speaker.

I could be 100% wrong on this as I know nothing of amp wiring etc. But I thought he switched which type of tube was in the pre-amp and which was in the power amp in the demo.

I could be 100% wrong on this as I know nothing of amp wiring etc. But I thought he switched which type of tube was in the pre-amp and which was in the power amp in the demo.

I thought he said ECC83 in the power tube too tho.

Oh well,, anyway,, that's pretty nice sounding rig. If I was in the market for a low watt combo, that would prolly top the list.

Archived