Gibson Brands Forums

WHM likes the new J-35

Jalex

I have all the respect in the world for Wade but I am sorry - why do you care what he approves or does not approve of. If I listened to the opinions of others I would not own some of the guitars that I love and be stuck with others I owned only because I thought I should.

I have all the respect in the world for Wade but I am sorry - why do you care what he approves or does not approve of. If I listened to the opinions of others I would not own some of the guitars that I love and be stuck with others I owned only because I thought I should.

I don't care, I was being a tad sarcastic guess you took it seriously though.

I don't care, I was being a tad sarcastic guess you took it seriously though.

As I've said before, irony doesn't necessarily translate well on the written page, when you can't hear the person's tone of voice or see his look. Or you just don't know them. Let's all cut each other a bit of slack on things like that. It's better than getting all riled up.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic. Just a bit world-weary.

Wade is held in high regard on the AGF. I thought given the threads about Gibson bashing over there that a positive review of a Gibson by an established AGF member would be of interest to members of this forum. It's not about his opinion swaying me or anyone else I just thought it was nice to read something positive for a change.

'Wade" an AGF legend... excuse me for blowing my beads but he is just one more blowhard, a nice blowhard, but a blowhard.

He is the same guy that claims to be a "consultant" to National guitars when all he did was loan them and old Nat'l Mandolin.

He rarely takes a firm stand and plays both sides of the fence.

His endorsement is of litle or no value to me.

"Wade is held in high regard on the AGF."

By a rather select group.

It is not universal.

Wade is held in high regard on the AGF. I thought given the threads about Gibson bashing over there that a positive review of a Gibson by an established AGF member would be of interest to members of this forum. It's not about his opinion swaying me or anyone else I just thought it was nice to read something positive for a change.

Wade has been enthusiastic about Gibson acoustic for several years, since he's been playing Fred's guitars. He used to post about it on the Acoustic Guitar Magazine site forum, back when that thing got a lot of the traffic now going to AGF. He's pretty knowledgeable about guitars though he is no luthier. Others' recommendations can be intriguing, but you should always follow your own heart in matters of love and guitar buying.

'Wade" an AGF legend... excuse me for blowing my beads but he is just one more blowhard, a nice blowhard, but a blowhard.

He is the same guy that claims to be a "consultant" to National guitars when all he did was loan them and old Nat'l Mandolin.

He rarely takes a firm stand and plays both sides of the fence.

His endorsement is of litle or no value to me.

"Wade is held in high regard on the AGF."

By a rather select group.

It is not universal.

The legend jibe was meant as a bit of humor

I got the joke right off. But then I tend to think that way myself.

As a firm agnostic and someone who grew up sitting through folk-guitar masses as a child, I could never take a church guitarist's opinion on a guitar. Unless, of course, said guitar player also raised plenty of hell on Saturday nights in bars and in clubs.

As a firm agnostic and someone who grew up sitting through folk-guitar masses as a child, I could never take a church guitarist's opinion on a guitar. Unless, of course, said guitar player also raised plenty of hell on Saturday nights in bars and in clubs.

And there was plenty of that hell-raising, I bet.

I spent one year in a Southern Baptist college in Mississippi in the mid-1960's. First place I ever ran into drugs.

Whoopsie. I just congratulated "Greenthi..." On his new J45 Custom, and blurted out that I thought it was a great guitar. I guess because that model is on the top of my GAS List. He's a Newbie... Should I write him back and tell him to ignore my comment?

(I'm wondering if we should have a special emoticon we could use to denote sarcasm? )

Well, sarcasm aside, there's some wonderful instruments coming out of Bozeman these days. We're hitting a sweet spot in Gibson history, so reading Wade's post @ agf is nice. No matter what ppl think of him, he has a following and it may sway some of the anti-Gibson sentiment there.

Think what you will but Wade's [thumbup] will definitely influence the sale a few J-35's on the AGF.

I said it earlier, but Wade's comments are the only ones that I regularly look out for on the AGF, and look forward to his often insightful and detailed posts.

Wade has a few followers there and is part of the AGF elite who's points dare not be challenged. So it may / may not have an effect... however, personally I couldn't give a monkeys who endorsed it or trashed it online, I'll be the sole judge of any guitar I would buy... buying a guitar on a strangers say so boggles my mind though.. but, sheeple are everywhere I guess....

Wade has a few followers there and is part of the AGF elite who's points dare not be challenged. So it may / may not have an effect... however, personally I couldn't give a monkeys who endorsed it or trashed it online, I'll be the sole judge of any guitar I would buy... buying a guitar on a strangers say so boggles my mind though.. but, sheeple are everywhere I guess....

How many J-200's do you reckon were sold because of Pete or Noel .. ?

But yes, I do get your point PM and concur.

How many J-200's do you reckon were sold because of Pete or Noel .. ?

We're not talking the same thing, how many people could tell you who WHM was by comparison to big nose or mobobrow?

When he writes my generation or rewrites any of Beatles songs (well that's all Gallagher did) with the same effect, ill give him the nod he was due. Till then he's a bloke on the AGF.

No offense to Wade himself, he's way more balanced than a few of the other 'elite' members, but still, in the grand scale of things he's just a bloke on the AGF, his opinion is worth only as much as yours or mine when it's on preference based subjects.

For as sensitive as some are on here regarding Gibson bashing on the AGF, I would hope y'all would look at the message and not the messenger.

It's a positive Gibson review, that's the important thing, isn't it?

PS - I originally was not really liking the J-35 and his review made me wat to give it a second look. :)

"Wade has a few followers there and is part of the AGF elite who's points dare not be challenged. So it may / may not have an effect... however, personally I couldn't give a monkeys who endorsed it or trashed it online, I'll be the sole judge of any guitar I would buy... buying a guitar on a strangers say so boggles my mind though.. but, sheeple are everywhere I guess.... "

Self appointed "elite"; The Society of Extraordinary Blowhards" : )

Got it " sheeple". Those who are insecure.

I don't trust anyone's opinion, least of all from anyone who ever, and I mean ever, dares to be critical. The king of fence sitters.

Archived