Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - 2012 Les Paul Traditional

jaygl

Local Long And McQuade had a sale on the last of these, so took one home before it was too late. 2012 Ebony Traditional.

A beautiful thing to behold for sure. Great job all arround where fit and finnish are concerned, and man, the puncy, crunchy sweet sounds coming out of those 57's are to die for. Another job well done Gibson. That's 2 for 2 as my 2011 50th Anniversary SG Standard 24 is another flawless example of why you guys are the best at what you do. Bravo! =D>

IMG_0510_zps691bfb1a.jpg

IMG_0496_zps610dc1d9.jpg

Congrats, I never loved Ebony Les Pauls (except for the Custom), but your Trad in those phtotos looks great. And that rosewood board looks fantastic!

I'm really GASing for a Traditional [crying]

Did I understand you to say that they are going to stop production of the Traditional line?

I think he meant the 2012 Traditional. The 2013 is slightly different with added knob pointers and no weight relief.

Beautiful guitar.

I think he meant the 2012 Traditional. The 2013 is slightly different with added knob pointers and no weight relief.

Beautiful guitar.

Yes. They discontinued the ebony finish which I love the simplistic look of, and the 2012's have the traditional weight relief which I prefer. In my younger days I slung arround a 12 pound Custom, but now that I.m a 40+ ,this baby's easier on the back. Unfortunately some snake stole my Custom out of the back of my car, so, I feel some kinda closure now that I have the traditional. [thumbup]

Beautiful guitar.

Oh, I got the 2013 Traditional, thought they were all the same. I like the knob pointers.

9111871826_7485f18491.jpg

Archived