Gibson Brands Forums

SG's In Music Videos

darling67

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC-DC in '74 with Dave Evans on vocal. Pretty cool intro on this version of "Can i it next to you girl"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLUzxytC6E[/media]

Nice unexpected AC/DC post, sellen!

Wow! I never knew there was a vocalist to precede Bon Scott! Learn something new every day here!

Looked like the band had a LOT of personnel that didn't last. Drummer isn't Phil Rudd, and I know Cliff Williams joined later, as well.

Wow! I never knew there was a vocalist to precede Bon Scott! Learn something new every day here!

Looked like the band had a LOT of personnel that didn't last. Drummer isn't Phil Rudd, and I know Cliff Williams joined later, as well.

There were a lot of guys in and out the first years. Dave Evans have made a living out of it. Travel around the world, was here in Norway not long ago performing this song and others.

Yea they got a surprise or two in the catalog, to bad there's not a clip of "Love Song" That one is pretty far from AC-DC

Yeah, I'm surprised about this too (Although I'm not a massive fan of theirs, which is a good enough excuse lol!!). Thanks for posting Sellen.

It's unreal to see Bon Scott this way, funny [biggrin]

While we are at it, another Bon Scott band called Fraternity. With Sg of course

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZY2nl2CwLc[/media]

It truly was a long way to the top! :rolleyes: But he finally made it!

SG's followed him wherever he went, eh?

I remember hearing/seeing this on MTV many, many years ago and thinking it was pretty cool. Not sure what became of these guys.

My memory served me well, as I thought the guitarist had an SG of some sort…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcqYwsFJl4k

Along with Sloan and Jale, they were one of Halifax, Nova Scotia's finest. I think they broke up in '99 and got back together a few years ago.

Along with Sloan and Jale, they were one of Halifax, Nova Scotia's finest. I think they broke up in '99 and got back together a few years ago.

Hey, thanks for the info, EVOL! [thumbup]

I checked some other youtubes, and it appeared to me as if the guitarist and the bass player kind'a became the vocalists… and the lead vocalist, from the vid I posted, is no longer in the band?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone who sees Carrie Brownstein now see's her as the lady in Portlandia, but for many years to me, she was Sleater Kinneys guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOM107PIxV8

“I liked the angularity of it and the bluntness of it, I felt like, that was sort of my style of playing and I’ve tried other guitars, but I just like the sound. I like a guitar that has a little bit of growliness to it – one that feels like the harder you play, it will react to that.”

• 5 months later...

Archived