Gibson Brands Forums

New LP Traditional - Better pics

sangemon

Here is the new Traditional I bought last week.

IMG_0332.jpgIMG_0333.jpg

I don't have a good amp for it yet, I'm using my acoustic amp for now, but there are a couple of nice looking Fender Deluxe tube amps that i have my eye on. I will wind up with one of those.

I've only played acoustic up to now, and I'm used to phosphor bronze .13 -.56 gauge strings.

This thing plays like butter.

Here is the new Traditional I bought last week.

I don't have a good amp for it yet' date=' I'm using my acoustic amp for now, but there are a couple of nice looking Fender Deluxe tube amps that i have my eye on. I will wind up with one of those.

I've only played acoustic up to now, and I'm used to phosphor bronze .13 -.56 gauge strings.

This thing plays like butter. [/quote']

Well, then I think you should try AT LEAST 0.11s, since you are already used to heavier strings.

Congratulations on you guitar, I'm sure you deserve it and, as such, you should enjoy it.

I like LPs running through Fenders. I think that most times the Les Pauls can make the most of the Fender crunch!

That's a sweet looking LP!

Congrats.

About the string gauge: I've tried 10's, 11's and 12's on Les Pauls, but in the end I always came back to the 10's. They

just sound better on LP's (to my opinion) + they feel great. The thicker the string gauge on a LP, the boomier the tone becomes.

those are great amps as well but definitely bring ur guitar to a store and just play em all and pick what sounds the best to you man. congrats t the new axe.

p.s. - ur strap looks like toilet paper or an ace bandage in those pics haha awesome

+1 on all of the above, including the TP for Bevis' b@nghole. Your real name wouldn't be Sheriff Buford T. Justice?

Beautiful LP! Congratulations! We played a Traditional today at GC through a tweed Blues Deluxe - too sweet.

Don't get the JVM unless you enjoy having 12 channels in one amp. Being a minimalist, I'd go with either a DSL-100 or TSL-100 (depending on whether or not you want the clean channel.) Of course, that's probably out of your price range... I'd recommend a Fender Princeton and a good distortion pedal.

(paraphrased...) JVM has lots of modes...

God... who uses this anyway? I'm too lazy for that. I just need a guitar that has good tone and volume pots and a amp with 1 good channel. Perhaps a booster' date=' but I can do without.[/quote']

Erm, band has song performance requirements?

Archived