Gibson Brands Forums

Is it me, or are J-35's coming out of the woodwork?

vacamartin

Yup ...if corporations sold things that were well made in the good ole' US of A that were works of art for a semi-budget price....then they would sell a ton of them and garner a good market reputation....

As a new owner (6 days now and counting) I think Gibson has a winner....

Glad I got mine during the "Golden Age" of J-35's ...yeah ...the 2013's ... [flapper]

As of yesterday afternoon, our near-by GC had one J45, one Hummingbird Artist, and three J35s. No doubt that they are moving these guitars. Lots and lots of value for the price. I played all of the Gibsons and several others. In all sincerity, the Gibsons are all different from each other. Each sounded good, but the next Gibson was a bit louder, or more mellow, or warmer, or brighter. I like this trait in Gibsons. They're all different, just like us. I don't want a J35, J45, etc. that sounds like all the other J35s, 45s, etc. I want one that sounds like it's mine.

I am gonna wait until they come out with one in sunbust... :rolleyes: I've only played a handful, for a few minutes in music stores - all were Ok and worthy, but none sent that arrow into my soul that required me to walk out of the store carrying a new git. I'm like MP - when one hits me, it will be mine. That being said, I have 6 guitars, and want to try to stay in a 5 guitar limit, so a new J-35 would have to be a helluva guitar to displace anything in my modest stable.

I am gonna wait until they come out with one in sunbust... :rolleyes: I've only played a handful, for a few minutes in music stores - all were Ok and worthy, but none sent that arrow into my soul that required me to walk out of the store carrying a new git. I'm like MP - when one hits me, it will be mine. That being said, I have 6 guitars, and want to try to stay in a 5 guitar limit, so a new J-35 would have to be a helluva guitar to displace anything in my modest stable.

Based on the guitars in your stable ,I would be hard-pressed to pick one to sell to get a J-35. [-X

You could sell that dodgy looking ren Ferguson one ? :)

Funny you would suggest that, just got done discussing some of the details on the SJ-200 that used to belong to him, and our slightly different preferences. There is no-way the 200 could be replaced by a 35 - he'd kill me. [biggrin]

Archived