Gibson Brands Forums

please help me settle something

saturn

My work friend and I were discussing local Maryland bands from the late 70s and 80s. There were some great venues and great bands with great songs that got a lot of airplay in those days. I think they were only local hits though and he says they were played all over. Has anyone not from the MD area ever heard of these bands or songs. I know KIX had a number one video with Don't Close Your Eyes in like 1989, but I'm talking about early stuff here.

KIX - The Itch, KIX Are For Kids, Don't Tell Me No Tell Me Yeah Yeah Yeah

Crack The Sky -

Hot Razors In My Heart

She's A Dancer

Skin Deep

All American Boy (no vid)

Face Dancer - Red Shoes

Thanks. I didn't think they ever got much national attention. It's kind of a shame because I think a lot of these songs were better than some of the other more famous stuff of the time. If you haven't already, I would suggest checking out the great fat Les Paul tone on Red Shoes.

I'm at work with no speakers so I can't hear the videos (and I'm bad with song titles) so I can't comment on those specific songs. Back in the 80's, I was way into the metal scene so I was exposed to what were probably more obscure bands and I always viewed Kix as being a pretty big band. So, yes, I was definitely aware of them and had a few of their albums, including Blow My Fuse.

Archived