Gibson Brands Forums

Bring back jumbos!

Bandini

I was just about to get an EJ-200 Artist and it disappeared. Well that's just too bad, but the bigger question is - where have all the acoustics gone? We are left with just three models, and no super jumbos.

I really don't want an acoustic/electric or cutaway, and I really, really want a jumbo. The Artist was perfect. I'd go for a regular EJ-200, but that's discontinued too.

Pretty please Epiphone, could you bring back the acoustic EJ line?

Am I alone?

I used to love cutaways years ago-but I wised-up, the only acoustics I'll have and play, are Dreads, don't need the cutaway anyway, but I do want the volume, but, it is personal preference in the end,we're all different.

Am I missing something here folks? My local guitar store has 4 new EJ200's for sale, all brought in recent weeks, jumbos, granted, they also have 5 cutaways for sale, also new,point I'm making- aren't they still producing these guitars,or maybe this is old stock?

Am I missing something here folks? My local guitar store has 4 new EJ200's for sale, all brought in recent weeks, jumbos, granted, they also have 5 cutaways for sale, also new,point I'm making- aren't they still producing these guitars,or maybe this is old stock?

They're listed as discontinued and I can't find anywhere to order one in my part of the world. Old stock, I think. If you want one, probably get it before it's too late.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a used Masterbilt AJ 500R...I have recently found out just how GREAT Epiphone acoustic guitars are...and then found out they were mostly discontinued.

There are a few nice used ones on ebay and elsewhere, and I am sure they won't last very long...

mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What's local, Strum?

$75 is a hell of a pricemsp_thumbup.gif!

I do agree that the Epiphone line of acoustics is lacking.

I do wish they would bring back a maple jumbo.

Sorry I disagree the masterbuilts are as good as they get. Unplugged or through the PA mine, DR500MCE, Shows up the takamines and the martins.A jumbo would be great but in the solid wood masterbuilt line, to bad the more expensive guitar manufacturer makes the call why else do they discontinue.

1386990380[/url]' post='1461152']

Sorry I disagree the masterbuilts are as good as they get. Unplugged or through the PA mine, DR500MCE, Shows up the takamines and the martins.A jumbo would be great but in the solid wood masterbuilt line, to bad the more expensive guitar manufacturer makes the call why else do they discontinue.

Don't get me wrong.I love my DR-500P and wish they would bring back a new lineup of models, not just one. That's why I think the Current Epiphone line of acoustics is lacing.While I can appreciate the Hummingbird and Dove reissues, I would love to see some of the other historic Epiphones reissued.Frontier. Excellente. Bard.With every kind of LP or SG versions released each year, if they gave the acoustics that kind of attention, we would have a lot more options to choose from.

The EJ200 is a great model, never tried the artist but would love to get my hands on one. I have an ej200 in natural and its beautiful, I've had it about 5 or 6 years and it just gets better with age. Would love to get my hands on a vintage sunburst ej200 at some point. Why they have discontinued them I have no idea, madness.

Archived