Gibson Brands Forums

I need your help!

jaxson50

Guitars ain't gonna hold your dk in the urinal when you're too senile not to dribble on yourself, G.

Grab that Martin, play it a bit...grab that Taylor, play it a bit. It matters not which costs more, only thing that matters is that you keep the one you FEEL is better.

I have a chance to buy a Taylor Doyle Dykes in mint condition for $850.00, but I will have to sell either my Martin D-35 or my Taylor 814ce, or face the wrath of my wife for buying another guitar.....What should I do?

I would face the wrath, then take the wife out for wine and dine to smooth things over. It's worth a shot.

1379583147[/url]' post='1427248']

Guitars ain't gonna hold your dk in the urinal when you're too senile not to dribble on yourself, G.

Grab that Martin, play it a bit...grab that Taylor, play it a bit. It matters not which costs more, only thing that matters is that you keep the one you FEEL is better.

The voice of reason...

Remember that unless she spends that much on shoes...think about it, to most people having more than one electric or accoustic is just overindulgence. Is she's made it clear she dissaproves, its not a matter of being mean...she is being frugal because she knows you could use that money in case the AC goes out or in case the car needs some work.

My ex spent thousands on armor. He had a 3K sword, he had chain mail and boots that cost $500, and he wore this maybe once a year. Did I *****, no. I thought he was an imbecil and vowed NEVER to mix my $ with his or to marry him.

Your instinct not to piss her off is bang on. How would you feel if she came home with ANOTHER $850 purse?

I have a chance to buy a Taylor Doyle Dykes in mint condition for $850.00, but I will have to sell either my Martin D-35 or my Taylor 814ce, or face the wrath of my wife for buying another guitar.....What should I do?

First, if you're (both) on a tight budget...do you "need" this new Taylor? Will it (really?)

do something better, than either of the guitars you already have. Or, is it just a "GAS" attack,

that's bound to pass, either way? IF it is something you're quite serious, about obtaining...then,

which is more important, to you? Keep that one, sell the other, to offset the cost of the new one.

CB

1379647286[/url]' post='1427565']

Remember that unless she spends that much on shoes...think about it, to most people having more than one electric or accoustic is just overindulgence. Is she's made it clear she dissaproves, its not a matter of being mean...she is being frugal because she knows you could use that money in case the AC goes out or in case the car needs some work.

My ex spent thousands on armor. He had a 3K sword, he had chain mail and boots that cost $500, and he wore this maybe once a year. Did I *****, no. I thought he was an imbecil and vowed NEVER to mix my $ with his or to marry him.

Your instinct not to piss her off is bang on. How would you feel if she came home with ANOTHER $850 purse?

Let's not bring up her shoes....just saying dry.gif she and Imelda Marcos were born on the same day! She has two closets for clothes, and half of another one for shoes! But God Bless Her, she buys them on the cheap. She's a keeper! And I seriously doubt anyone else with put up with me... ;-) And for 29 years! I am blessed....msp_sleep.gif I think I was having a GAS attack, it seems to be subsiding now, I just shake a little when I drive past the guitar shop...dad gum it, I have to drive past it everyday!

Archived