Gibson Brands Forums

tumbleweeds

blindboygrunt

Hey BBG.

I am in a place where the guitars are hard to pick up as of late. trying to clear my head.

anyways... I do have somewhat of a tech question. Nearly all of my guitars to date have had compensated saddles. My new Gibby SJTV does not. Whenever I cap, which is often, I find myself tweaking the tuning. It is worse with certain brands of strings if that makes sense. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if switching to a Colosi bone compensated saddle has helped? Seems to be the B and high E strings.

Maybe this deserves its own thread.... Come to think of it I will make it its own thread, so need to reply to the issue here.

Haven't got around to sticking it back on. All off with no disasters. Gonna stick it back on later .I'll add a PIC to the thread once complete

Looks like at some point I will also have to do this on my SJ-200 as it is lifting on the corners.

If you dont mind me asking did you use the dental floss and naphtha technique to remove it?

Looks like at some point I will also have to do this on my SJ-200 as it is lifting on the corners.

If you dont mind me asking did you use the dental floss and naphtha technique to remove it?

I used patience , dental floss and some careful , gentle application of a blow dryer.....oh wait , that was my wedding night. !

But seriously that IS how I took the pickguard off my J45 without any difficulty.

I used patience , dental floss and some careful , gentle application of a blow dryer.....oh wait , that was my wedding night. !

But seriously that IS how I took the pickguard off my J45 without any difficulty.

Lol.

Yeah ,same here except the blow dryer. I probably could've sped it all up with a blow dryer , but I just sawed away with the floss ( how annoying is it when it keep snapping !) And when I was 3/4 through I got bored and just gently lifted it off the last part by hand.

Easy-o

You've been buying that for ages Dennis ..... Why is it taking so long ? Special order or something ? You live in Mongolia ?

[laugh] well no but i bought it two months ago and they made a brand new one for me so that's why but I can feel it being closer and closer now :)

Denis,

Could you post an unboxing video when you get it? Love to see your reactions when you open the case.

FMA

Humm not sure but since it is coming through my local store ... most likely it would be in its case when I get there see. [smile]

Archived