Gibson Brands Forums

Good news today

ol fred

Received and cashed my check from UPS today AND livemusic gets to keep his 56 Country Western with a full refund of the purchase price from me. Good things do come to those who wait. Gosh Jerry, thanks for all your advice...but I'm very happy that I didn't take it.

Received and cashed my check from UPS today AND livemusic gets to keep his 56 Country Western with a full refund of the purchase price from me. Good things do come to those who wait. Gosh Jerry, thanks for all your advice...but I'm very happy that I didn't take it.

"Atta Boy" Fred! Time for some new lighting for the stage?

"Atta Boy" Fred! Time for some new lighting for the stage?

Thanks to all for your positive support.

Unfortunately SANSJAM2013 will be the final curtain. We may do some smaller strictly acoustic stuff in the future if my health permits.

Congrats!

How long was that wait for the money?

IF and I say IF, I do that again I will drive it or drive to pick up...... it is all so luck of the draw now.

What are you doing with the cash? Guitar?

BluesKing777.

Thanks BK, Just about 90 days, probably 50 of those a good days work online or on the phone. I was looking at a very nice 65 LG 1 today but I think that I'll keep the stable at four for now. Cabo is nice this time of year.

Thanks BK, Just about 90 days, probably 50 of those a good days work online or on the phone. I was looking at a very nice 65 LG 1 today but I think that I'll keep the stable at four for now. Cabo is nice this time of year.

Better keep out of the guitar shop, or you will be hitching to Cabo!

BluesKing777.

Glad it worked out for you Fred. But I need to play the Devil's advocate here. What is better in the long run, the memory of a great vacationor a good instrument to enjoy for the rest of your natural life? But, on the other hand, which is better, living with a happy and contented wife or a contentiouswife? Temptation is never easy.[smile] Anyway,glad it worked out!!

Glad it worked out for you Fred. But I need to play the Devil's advocate here. What is better in the long run, the memory of a great vacationor a good instrument to enjoy for the rest of your natural life? But, on the other hand, which is better, living with a happy and contented wife or a contentiouswife? Temptation is never easy.[smile] Anyway,glad it worked out!!

Charlie, you're the last person I would expect to play devil's advocate. I still have lots of guitars, but only one wife. My old beauty will live on once Bill gets her repaired.

Thanks agin to everyone for the kudos

Charlie, you're the last person I would expect to play devil's advocate. I still have lots of guitars, but only one wife. My old beauty will live on once Bill gets her repaired.

Thanks agin to everyone for the kudos

Fred, I'm happy it all worked out, and even happier that your old CW will live on. It's a great instrument, as I've said here before. Perfect mid-1950's Gibson slope-J voice and playing characteristics.

Yea, just messin with you. Have a great and enjoyable vacation. It will build many memories and fondness, both of which are important. Oh, by the way take good care of that good wife of yours! Maybe even buy her a new Gibson! [biggrin] Have an enjoyable day.

Archived