Gibson Brands Forums

HUMMINGBIRD TV ON THE WAY

music4love

I pre ordered one of the 50 Ltd Special Run 2013 Hummingbird TV's from MusicVilla back in late summer. I got the call today that my Hummingbird has finally arrived at the store. (less than 5 miles from the Gibson factory). However, a winter storm is preventing them from shipping it to me until next monday. They will ship it express so i should have it here on the east coast by mid week. I just pray now that the weather holds up on my end. We've been fortunate thus far with warm weather for this time of year. The pics they sent me look wonderful. I will post them later.

Congrats on this purchase. I think the Hummingbird TV will be my next guitar. Played one in NYC awhile back and it was fantastic. Went back a month later and it was gone (and before the price increase to boot). Enjoy a wonderful instrument.

I just had my luthier work some magic on my 66-69 HB and with a neck reset, complete refret, new handcrafted rosewood bridge and bone saddle, and loose braces tended to it now plays like heaven. Such a woody tone. I'm lucky that my little hands prefer the narrow nut.

You've got a great guitar awaiting you. Good luck being patient! Nothing worse than watching weather forecasts!

"Nothing beats waiting"

Soren Kierkegaard

However, a winter storm is preventing them from shipping it to me until next monday.

Seems the bigger forces want to keep you vibrating on the edge - enjoy that.

I for my part can't wait to see pics, hear sample.

Congrats & REALLY be patient when it arrives from winter delivery. Let that beauty really have some great, slow warmup time as I've seen Nitro chicken track & Conversion Varnish craze when opened too soon. Two different guys just couldn't wait for hours after they arrived and one just wanted a "peek" and then close the case. He only waited 2 hrs. after delivery and what a depressing thing that was. You could see it forming as you watched. Neither ended up in a happy time and NOT WARRANTED either.

I let the case warm up for 8 hrs then crack the case open for 1/2 hr before really getting into them. The Nitro disaster was another "long wait" order job too.

We'll we waiting for some great views of this wonderful event!! What a Christmas present that is for you!!!

Aster

Archived