Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Custom Rosewood

bonecrusher

Based purely on my personal experience -

Go with the standard unless you really want rosewood.

If you want rosewood I would suggest other models besides the J45 such as a J200 or AJ or a M_r_t_n Dread.

I'm not that impressed with the J45 rosewood model. Looks good, sounds dead when compared to other rosewood models.

If you want rosewood I would suggest other models besides the J45 such as a J200 or AJ or a M_r_t_n Dread.

I'm not that impressed with the J45 rosewood model. Looks good, sounds dead when compared to other rosewood models.

My experience as well. AJ is the way to go.

You thought that clip at the top of the thread sounded dead?

P

I A D O R E !!!! That sound !!!!

One thing I don't like - this rosewood fretboard... Looks ugly to me on this instrument (sorry, but that's what I think and I don't want to ofend nobody)

I'd prefere ebony.

Yeah, my fretboard is Ebony on my Custom and I do love that. None of my Rosewood boards are as light looking a color as that one either. I'd still take that git in a heart beat however. :rolleyes:

Aster

I got one 2 months ago and so far I love it. I,'ve got a rosewood Martin J40 and to my ear the gibson is just fuller and the 40 has a auditorium size body! But as they say......

it all come down to,what your ears tell you.

Archived