Gibson Brands Forums

Group shot for the new year

jannusguy2

Figured I'd document what I'm starting the year with to have something for comparison at the end of next year. Plus, I hadn't done a group shot in awhile. Feel free to add on. I present my crappy little collection as arranged in my sh*tty condo on the Gulf of Mexico:

Top row L-R Martin CS21-11, 1971 D28, 1960 D18, 2009 00018 Marquis

Bottom row- L-R Martin 2009 OM 21 Special, 1951 J45, 2012 Custom J200 TV, 2007 Roy Smeck

photo_zps1c206160.jpg

The view from here:

428015_10200188711028801_890103274_n_zpsc55848b0.jpg

A lot to be grateful for. Have a good year everybody.

Same to you, Rob!

Wish I had that view (the second one....); all I have is an American volcano, when it's not cloudy below 10,000 feet.

Maybe one of these days I'll gather the troops for a group shot.

Fred

I wanna see the volcano (and the guitars!)! Post pics pls!

Very nice pictures.

I wont send a picture of my cold Montréal by -22 celcius... Sunny and everything, but so damn COLD !!!

P.S. How can you manage all those perfect guitars. I would be in psychosis , interned somewhere, by not knowing wich one I want to play. Carefull , a nervous brakedown can be at your beautiful, hot, and sunny door step !!! Ha ha ha...

Michel Marc

Nice family portrait, Rob!

I can always provide a home for your old J-45 if you ever get tired of it......

Thanks Nick. Duly noted. I flipped a coin when deciding to keep the J 45 or the '52 Southern Jumbo. The J45 won..and it was my first foray into the vintage world so it had a sentimental aspect as well. It's a good un...

Nice group of guitars all of them highly regarded on the various guitar forms.

The 51 J45 is my birth year looks like it's aged as well as me[biggrin]

OH Yea that's a nice bong

Yep, the bowl is in the golden triangle and the carb in antarctica. J/K. I'm really attached the J45. I expect if circumstances forced a sell off it would be the last to go. It's the guitar that started the GAS. I acquired the holy grail early on. Maybe I should've stopped buying then.

Very nice pictures.

I wont send a picture of my cold Montréal by -22 celcius... Sunny and everything, but so damn COLD !!!

P.S. How can you manage all those perfect guitars. I would be in psychosis , interned somewhere, by not knowing wich one I want to play. Carefull , a nervous brakedown can be at your beautiful, hot, and sunny door step !!! Ha ha ha...

Michel Marc

Merci for the kind words Michel. I just sort of rotate them in and out of play. None of them are ever far away from a good work out of a couple of hours. They all have different personalities to accommodate my different moods…Bonne Annee.

A lot of them have that lower part though, I'm looking for no lower shelf… So probably end up with a more modern take on it, somewhat defeating the point.

Cheers though…

Here's one without the bottom part..not too bad at 2600.00 U.S. About the price of a nice Gibson...

http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/storage-case-pieces/dry-bars/italian-baroque-globe-bar/id-f_768296/

Next up, Rob? a 50's 000 to make it a 'three decades of Martin' trio? (Sorry, not helping re gas. No need, really, you got a good 000). Jonny-Rambler

Actually, I swapped a '53 00018 for the 1960 D18 + a player to be named later. I love that 2009 00018. It might be my favorite to play.

Archived