Gibson Brands Forums

agf . I'm sorry

blindboygrunt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is fabulous, the lengths some people will go to in order to avoid actually playing their guitar is incredible…. there really is nothing that people won't talk about on the internet. I'm guessing a lot of these people are divorced and not without good reason it would seem….

Eh, it's a community, same as this one. I don't always agree about their views on guitars, but I don't see the problem with some chit chat either.

Dude, it's a grown man talking about wooly mittens to a bunch of strangers online, come on…. There's not even a hint of irony in it, he means it! The mind boggles that a grown (assumed responsible) adult would be on bleating about that without it being a joke. To me it seems they'll talk about anything that might improve their playing over actually doing some playing. It's like a themed OCD convention. Arm-chair psychologists come nail salon experts ahoy! Half of it is only one step away from Dear Joan, letters.

The mind boggles I tell thee, the mind truly boggles!

Dude, it's a grown man talking about wooly mittens to a bunch of strangers online, come on…. There's not even a hint of irony in it, he means it! The mind boggles that a grown (assumed responsible) adult would be on bleating about that without it being a joke. To me it seems they'll talk about anything that might improve their playing over actually doing some playing. It's like a themed OCD convention. Arm-chair psychologists come nail salon experts ahoy! Half of it is only one step away from Dear Joan, letters.

[lol] I can't stop laughing, Parlour! Thank you for that!

ok, that's pretty funny. I certainly agree there are better places to talk about knit goods...(as a knitter, myself)

[lol] I can't stop laughing, Parlour! Thank you for that!

If you like that hark at this, I steered a thread there to the void and back by claiming to have stopped shaving my legs as it helped stop a guitar slipping off my lap and people took it seriously.

@jblue212 - Ah so you're a knitter? Let's see your wares then…

If you like that hark at this, I steered a thread there to the void and back by claiming to have stopped shaving my legs as it helped stop a guitar slipping off my lap and people took it seriously.

@jblue212 - Ah so you're a knitter? Let's see your wares then…

It is hard to beat the threads about going to get some artificial nails for freakin' downright weirdness.

But I love a good pair of mittens. Wish to heck I knew how to knit. Should have taken some time to learn it instead of spending my time learning how to rebuild a carburetor or racing around a track in a Sunbeam Tiger.

More cowardly finger pointing at people posting on another forum. If you feel so strongly about this 'issue' why don't you post on the agf thread? Instead you bark loudly here like a small dog behind a big fence. Multiple id's and troll posts aren't enough for you. And your big, clever point is: "bwahaha, look at all those people talking about trying to keep their hands warm so they can play guitar! Mittens!" Well lah dee dah! Aren't you the smart fellows, making yourself big by putting down somebody else.

You dont find a mitten thread on a guitar forum slightly weird ?

And stop being so aggressive jerry please.

Whoa, who is being aggressive? The whole thread is sneering at people on another forum behind their backs.

Whoa, who is being aggressive? The whole thread is sneering at people on another forum behind their backs.

Ok , aggressive is maybe too strong .

Its not sneering , I pointed out the thread because I find it amusing. Others here find it amusing too. You dont find it amusing , thats fine . close this thread and go read another one .

More cowardly finger pointing at people posting on another forum. If you feel so strongly about this 'issue' why don't you post on the agf thread? Instead you bark loudly here like a small dog behind a big fence. Multiple id's and troll posts aren't enough for you. And your big, clever point is: "bwahaha, look at all those people talking about trying to keep their hands warm so they can play guitar! Mittens!" Well lah dee dah! Aren't you the smart fellows, making yourself big by putting down somebody else.

Ill bet he would, but he can't Jerry, because like you PM's been kicked out of the AGF. Miracle, you two actually have something in common.

Its not sneering , I pointed out the thread because I find it amusing. Others here find it amusing too. You dont find it amusing , thats fine . close this thread and go read another one .

I have to admit that I do find that thread very amusing too. I actually get a big kick out of the AGF as it makes me laugh so often.

More cowardly finger pointing at people posting on another forum.

Oh, here we go, Jerry's poking his nose in....

If you feel so strongly about this 'issue' why don't you post on the agf thread? Instead you bark loudly here like a small dog behind a big fence.

You're a man without any redeeming qualities, Jerry.

Multiple id's and troll posts aren't enough for you. And your big, clever point is: "bwahaha, look at all those people talking about trying to keep their hands warm so they can play guitar! Mittens!" Well lah dee dah! Aren't you the smart fellows, making yourself big by putting down somebody else.

If you choose to look at it that way, however any bullying I've done I stand alone. I dont recruit Hogeye so you can mount a 2-man assualt on a fellow forum member based on a entrirely harmless thread saying he'd played a gig. Nor do I quote parts of that story as my signature. What we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. My 'trolling' is pointing out that a grown adult should be able to deduce cold hands equals a need for some gloves, it's pretty much a no-brainer, If I found myself turning to an online community and posting in a lonely hearts stylee regarding something as simple as maintaining a spot of warmth in my hands I'd be fairly diappointed with myself. ...On the other hand, your attacks here are always malicious, spiteful. However their value is in reminding us each time that you truly are a man without charm at all.

You are, Jerry... but as usual you'll ignore this post because you know if we go head to head on here it'll be a whitewash, I'll ridicule you to within an inch of your life within a handful of posts and the forum will be laughing at you.

Nope, I think you were spot on. Just check Jerry's signature to see how mean spirited he is....

Others here find it amusing too.

It is, it's hilarious, I'm gagging to see what will follow it, Dear fellow guitar players, today I was thinking about tying my shoe laces, will this endanger my hands? Should I contract this work out as I play guitar?

For what it's worth, when I play outside in cold weather (which isn't often anymore) I wear a pair of gloves that have the fingertips cut out of them. It does help. Of course, in the weather we're having here currently your fingertips would break-off.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you didn't start some threads canvassing total strangers online about it though, you probably went to a store and bought some gloves that suited and that was the end of the story. Would I be right?

Ill bet he would, but he can't Jerry, because like you PM's been kicked out of the AGF. Miracle, you two actually have something in common.

Being kicked off the AGF would be the only commonality though. My posts are always lighthearted and should be taken with a pinch of humour, they're not mean spirited and venomous.

But, the offer stands Jerry-lad, we can slug it out, or hug it out, your choice... I'm happy to humiliate you on here if that is what you desire, keep me posted.

I'd call it being able to have a collective laugh without being censored/banned.

The AGF mods don't like genuine laughs (which let's be honest usually come at the expense of others).

I found that out a few times including one time when I made a joke about Jesus.

I have to admit that I do find that thread very amusing too. I actually get a big kick out of the AGF as it makes me laugh so often.

If you really want laughs head over to umgf. There's a thread over there ripping on a GC salesman for trying to sell someone a Taylor instead of a Martin. The nerve of that guy ;)

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/155493/Went-to-the-local-GC-yesterday?page=1#.Us26O_YZxT4

I'd call it being able to have a collective laugh without being censored/banned.

You sound far too reasonable and OCD free to be loitering about over at the AGF.

I found that out a few times including one time when I made a joke about Jesus.

Yeah, they're not wild about the Jesus jokes… you should try "have you heard the one about Jesus meeting Hitler in a gay bar…?" I'm not sure there's actually a punchline to the joke but it's massively effective as it is…. Give it a whirl, you'll be needing more accounts than me.

Archived