Gibson Brands Forums

a welcome surprise

lordraptor1

2A223J is marked on the one capacitor that I could see ( I didn't want to ""over bend" the leads on the other one to make out what was marked on there). "Orange drop" capacitors ? What does 2A223J signify ? Any clue to the manufacturer ? This is what's in the 2013 LP standard pro + I recently obtainedeusa_think.gif

GEDC0229_zps3460e631.jpg

see this is where my confusion lies, the 223j signifies that is a .022 capacitor, also those caps are DIFFERENT from what was installed on my 2013 epi les paul standard plus top pro. if you were to check I am sure you would find both of those caps are 223j OR .022 caps. if you look at my above pics you will see the caps that came in mine are larger and completely different than the ones in your picture, also one of mine is 223( .022) and one is 153 ( or .015), mine are also 225p ( 400v )caps which is not something I would expect to find on a NEW epiphone les paul ( or any guitar for that matter), I would expect to see caps like the ones in your picture.

epi said they were starting to put orange drop caps in the 2014 guitars but 1st mine is a 2013 NOT a 2014, 2nd i dont think they would put 400v caps in them, and 3rd i also couldn't see tehm using 2 different caps one for neck and one for bridge.

i would like to thank you for posting those pics of yours, they do show the difference in what you have on yours and what came on mine, this is the exact thing that is making me think that i got a used or restock guitar when i paid for new, i could see someone having it and changing the caps then deciding they didn't like/want it or ended up in a bind and decided to take it back for a refund.

with that said something seems really fishy to me seeing as epi cant give me a straight answer as to what was installed at the factory and everything i have turned up shows the 2013 models having caps similar to those in your pics and both bridge and neck being .022.

am i upset about the caps in it NO, never said i was, what i am upset about is paying for new and possibly getting a used or restock ( which a used and restock are cheaper and i would have been able to save very close to 75.00 buying a restock over new).

so to put it bluntly the issue is i feel like i cannot trust the honesty of guitar center and to me honesty is extremely important when i am doing business, if it was used or restocked fine but charge me the appropriate price dont charge for a brand new item if that's not what i am getting.

Just a small comment...why would Guitar Center/MF (or anyone else for that matter) change out (some of) the electronic components (capacitors) on a "new" electric guitar ? Why would any authorized (or unauthorized, for that matter) Epiphone seller (or any other guitar wholesaler/retailer) change out the capacitors on a brand new, factory direct electric guitar, unless someone was using them for another "project" ? I don't get the point of doing so, unless the electronics are being replaced with something cheaper, and the "original" electronic components are being used to "upgrade" a "custom" guitar, or somethingmsp_confused.gif...What am I missing here ? msp_confused.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_bored.gifmsp_blink.gifmsp_sad.gifeusa_dance.gifsad.gifohmy.gifeusa_think.gif

a lot of people seem to change the caps to improve volume/tone rollon and rolloff ( basically hitting notes and turning volume/tone knobs, i honestly dont know if there is a real improvement just like i dont know if the people rewiring new guitars with the 50's wiring really has any benefit ( maybe it does to them but i couldn't say). if you do a quick net search you can easily find what the 223j means on the caps but basically it means they are .022 cap.

however this comment basically says what i am getting at to some extent, my guitar came with .015 and .022 Sprague orange drop caps which is something i wouldn't expect from the factory ( not even on a Gibson), this is made even more fishy in that they are 225p ( 400v) caps which is something i would expect to see on a used guitar from someone who was doing cvap changes and/or changing pots to cts pots ( which is not the case on mine as it doesn't have cts pots).

it's just really confusing to me that so far i have been searching since the end of janurary when i bought the guitar from GC and have yet to see another lp ( epi OR Gibson) that came from the factory with the same caps that mine has, and all those i have seen that do have caps like mine were installed by the owner of the guitar.

again appreciate your pics, if you compare your pics to the ones i show above you will see that my caps are different from yours.

Dig it. I wonder if the "mystery" will ever be "solved". After looking at the pic's of your's (as well as mine), I do agree with you, something seems "odd". msp_confused.gifdry.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_mellow.gifunsure.gif . Maybe Epiphone is using a variety of vendor/manufacturers as a capacitor (as well as other components) supplier. Good luck with your detective work.msp_sleep.gif

going by

1. you bought the guitar in 2014

2. the pictures show it has all the marketing materials still affixed to the top, pickguard stickers, etc

3. GC stating the guitar was new when sold to you

4. Epiphone stating they use orange drop caps in 2014 models.

I would say the guitar that was sold to you is new, the caps were prolly on hand on the assembly line and used for the last few remaining 2013 models, including your's.

Exactly.

They probably started using the orange caps in late 2013. It doesn't mean they have to start on Jan 1 with a design change. Most likely they started using them when they ran out of the other ones

Aside from taking it back or keeping it what other option is there? Sounds more like buyers remorse to me than anything else. I say return it and look for a used one because this will bother you the whole time you have it.

I usually buy used gear anyway. Same with cars. I let the original owner take the hit and use some patience and wait for the right deal to come along. There is lots of used equpiment out there and by the time you buy it the bugs have been worked out and you can tell if it's a dud or not.

Just my take on it.

Dig it. I wonder if the "mystery" will ever be "solved". After looking at the pic's of your's (as well as mine), I do agree with you, something seems "odd". msp_confused.gifdry.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_mellow.gifunsure.gif . Maybe Epiphone is using a variety of vendor/manufacturers as a capacitor (as well as other components) supplier. Good luck with your detective work.msp_sleep.gif

Yes i am sure they do use different manufacturers of various parts. The vendor buys from different buyers and sells what he has to builders. Unless they specify a particular brand they will get whatever caps or whatever they have on hand when they order.

so to put it bluntly the issue is i feel like i cannot trust the honesty of guitar center and to me honesty is extremely important when i am doing business, if it was used or restocked fine but charge me the appropriate price dont charge for a brand new item if that's not what i am getting.

Dude. GC doesn't make enough money on either a brand new Epiphone or a restock Epiphone to spend the effort, overhead, to put "orange drops" in an Epiphone for no known reason and then sell it as new. Your 500 dollars, I'm sorry to say, isn't worth that kind of effort to them. Everyone budgets, everyone saves money, everyone doesn't have money to burn, nobody likes to get hosed. Every single day about 6 thousand guitars are bought and sold in the lower 48 states, a lot of them by GC. And every single one of those 6 thousand transactees will just take theg oddamn thing back if they don't like it. Except you.

rct

Dude. GC doesn't make enough money on either a brand new Epiphone or a restock Epiphone to spend the effort, overhead, to put "orange drops" in an Epiphone for no known reason and then sell it as new. Your 500 dollars, I'm sorry to say, isn't worth that kind of effort to them. Everyone budgets, everyone saves money, everyone doesn't have money to burn, nobody likes to get hosed. Every single day about 6 thousand guitars are bought and sold in the lower 48 states, a lot of them by GC. And every single one of those 6 thousand transactees will just take theg oddamn thing back if they don't like it. Except you.

rct

damn rct can you be anymore ignorant, you wanna know what I am looking for out of this thread? read the INTELLIGENT posts of those above you before you type again and let stupid fall out. simply put the 2 posters above you have been more help in this thread than you ever thought of being, again you failed to be able to read my comments completely and I will repeat one last time (hopefully) this time you will actually not skip/glamce over it and I'll even put it in caps for you so it stands out for you, (IT IS NOT THE CAPS, IT IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT SOMEWHERE BETWEEN FACTORY AND MY POSSESION THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN IN SOMEONE ELSES POSSESION AND IF IT WAS SOMEONE IS BEING UNTRUTHFUL. now then did you finally read that? did you understand that ( doubut it but WTFE). again I would not have seen this if I wasn't planning on replacing caps in the first place and have the cover to the electronics cavity off, it is the fact that epi cannot say for sure whats in it only that orange drops were going to be used on 2014 models ( fyi those little red brown ones in above posters pics are NOT orange drops). and I shall end my comments to you with this final food for thought moment, if you paid for new and expected new and you went to go change caps, or pots for different ones and you find that the caps or pots you were planning on using already installed would you to not think something was fishy? no need to answer

with that said I will now speak to the intelligent ones who posted above rct.

yes this is correct that they could have started replacing the caps late 2013 I agree but I as of yet haven't seen a single guitar with same caps as mine except for those that were changed by the owner, so if anyone else has a late 2013 or 2014 model epi les paul please post pics of your electrical cavity, I'd like to see what caps came/comes installed in it.

damn rct can you be anymore ignorant, you wanna know what I am looking for out of this thread? read the INTELLIGENT posts of those above you before you type again and let stupid fall out. simply put the 2 posters above you have been more help in this thread than you ever thought of being, again you failed to be able to read my comments completely and I will repeat one last time (hopefully) this time you will actually not skip/glamce over it and I'll even put it in caps for you so it stands out for you, (IT IS NOT THE CAPS, IT IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT SOMEWHERE BETWEEN FACTORY AND MY POSSESION THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN IN SOMEONE ELSES POSSESION AND IF IT WAS SOMEONE IS BEING UNTRUTHFUL. now then did you finally read that? did you understand that ( doubut it but WTFE). again I would not have seen this if I wasn't planning on replacing caps in the first place and have the cover to the electronics cavity off, it is the fact that epi cannot say for sure whats in it only that orange drops were going to be used on 2014 models ( fyi those little red brown ones in above posters pics are NOT orange drops). and I shall end my comments to you with this final food for thought moment, if you paid for new and expected new and you went to go change caps, or pots for different ones and you find that the caps or pots you were planning on using already installed would you to not think something was fishy? no need to answer

with that said I will now speak to the intelligent ones who posted above rct.

yes this is correct that they could have started replacing the caps late 2013 I agree but I as of yet haven't seen a single guitar with same caps as mine except for those that were changed by the owner, so if anyone else has a late 2013 or 2014 model epi les paul please post pics of your electrical cavity, I'd like to see what caps came/comes installed in it.

Stupid? One of us has no trouble knowing what to do about a guitar that has, to one of us, an unclear provenance. The other one has spent more on internet bandwidth and pepto over a 500 dollar epiphone that they just can't seem to grasp the idea that you just take it back and get another than they could ever hope to recoup. And while you are there, learn a little about how it all works and what you could possibly not know about mass manufactured guitars and the retail outlets that have to sell them.

You are right. Stupid is a very good word.

Again, good luck with it.

rct

Stupid? One of us has no trouble knowing what to do about a guitar that has, to one of us, an unclear provenance. The other one has spent more on internet bandwidth and pepto over a 500 dollar epiphone that they just can't seem to grasp the idea that you just take it back and get another than they could ever hope to recoup. And while you are there, learn a little about how it all works and what you could possibly not know about mass manufactured guitars and the retail outlets that have to sell them.

You are right. Stupid is a very good word.

Again, good luck with it.

rct

why is it that all forums have people like rct on them who just hasn't got the mental facilities in their head and want to entertain themselves with childish behavior

with that said I'm waiting to see pics of the insides of your 2014 epi les paul standard plus top pros, lets see if epi is indeed going to be using these orange drop caps or if mine was a fluke, I did get ahold of the new GC store manager who was kind enough to crack one open and find the little brown caps in it ( although it was a 2013 model as well and sn put it as being made before mine so that wasn't much help in determining if epi will indeed be using Sprague orange drops :( or if they will be using .015 neck and .022 bridge or of they will continue with using .022 on both neck and bridge. I don't know about any of you but I would still like to know exactly what is going to be used for the caps on the 2014 models ( as of right now though every 2013 model I have seen the inside of has the little red/brown colored caps and both are .022 wonder if mine was one of the very last 2013 models made :-k

anyway lets see some pics of the electronics cavity on LATE 2013 (Dec) early 2014 (Jan/Feb) and see what caps they are installing at the factory. with that said rocksmith and bandfuse are calling to me so I'm off, peace

Yes i am sure they do use different manufacturers of various parts. The vendor buys from different buyers and sells what he has to builders. Unless they specify a particular brand they will get whatever caps or whatever they have on hand when they order.

the thing is I am not getting is that to date, I have not seen ANY other epi lp's 2014 or 2013 that have had the same caps, surely if the caps I have were installed at the factory there should be at least a few more right? I am even thinking of it like late dec 2013 factory only had the Sprague orange drops available which puts it at a low number but surely there should be more ( which I still have not been able to find any), then factor in that there are 2 different caps one for neck which is .015 and one for bridge which is .022 which one would expect them to be the same caps not different unless it was the end user that installed them ( and I know I did NOT install these caps, I was planning on installing the Sprague orange drops and having a .015 on neck and .022 on bridge but I was going to use the 715p version which are 200v rated caps). when I opened the cover and saw these I was at first like WOOHOO, then I started to think and it got me wondering if I had actually got new?, if it was used and I paid for new? then I figured all I had to do was find others with same caps installed on theirs ( should be others out there that were factory equiiped with these caps, surely I didn't get the very last 2013 epi les paul made).

so, if you have a 2013 epi made in December, or a 2014 epi made in Jan/Feb see what caps are installed in it and post pics, I would relly like to know if anyone else got the same caps installed at the factory (don't really care if you or some other user installed them only if it was a factory thing).

at this point I am taking a leap of faith that

1. my guitar is in fact new

2. came with the Sprague orange drops from the factory

3. factory equipped caps were indeed the 225P 400v .015 neck, .022 bridge spragues

4. can verify by finding a few more late 2013/early 2014 models being similarly factory equipped.

the thing is I am not getting is that to date, I have not seen ANY other epi lp's 2014 or 2013 that have had the same caps, surely if the caps I have were installed at the factory there should be at least a few more right? I am even thinking of it like late dec 2013 factory only had the Sprague orange drops available which puts it at a low number but surely there should be more ( which I still have not been able to find any), then factor in that there are 2 different caps one for neck which is .015 and one for bridge which is .022 which one would expect them to be the same caps not different unless it was the end user that installed them ( and I know I did NOT install these caps, I was planning on installing the Sprague orange drops and having a .015 on neck and .022 on bridge but I was going to use the 715p version which are 200v rated caps). when I opened the cover and saw these I was at first like WOOHOO, then I started to think and it got me wondering if I had actually got new?, if it was used and I paid for new? then I figured all I had to do was find others with same caps installed on theirs ( should be others out there that were factory equiiped with these caps, surely I didn't get the very last 2013 epi les paul made).

so, if you have a 2013 epi made in December, or a 2014 epi made in Jan/Feb see what caps are installed in it and post pics, I would relly like to know if anyone else got the same caps installed at the factory (don't really care if you or some other user installed them only if it was a factory thing).

at this point I am taking a leap of faith that

1. my guitar is in fact new

2. came with the Sprague orange drops from the factory

3. factory equipped caps were indeed the 225P 400v .015 neck, .022 bridge spragues

4. can verify by finding a few more late 2013/early 2014 models being similarly factory equipped.

The voltage rating of the caps is not an issue unless you plan on running 400V through a 200V rated cap. We are only talking millivolt signals here so that point makes no difference.

It is still very early in 2014 so I would imagine not too many are on the shop floors yet. If they said it it new then I would assume it is new. If you think otherwise and that there is something unscrupulous going on I would return it and get something else from somewhere else and be done with it. If you are feeling like you are being ripped off, return it and take your chances somewhere else.

As someong else mentioned I can't see GC changing out caps for an upgrade just for the sake of doing it, it isn't worth their time. Hell return it and buy it back as used when they put it back on the floor. I don't know what lse to say. If money is an issue, welcome to the club.

The voltage rating of the caps is not an issue unless you plan on running 400V through a 200V rated cap. We are only talking millivolt signals here so that point makes no difference.

It is still very early in 2014 so I would imagine not too many are on the shop floors yet. If they said it it new then I would assume it is new. If you think otherwise and that there is something unscrupulous going on I would return it and get something else from somewhere else and be done with it. If you are feeling like you are being ripped off, return it and take your chances somewhere else.

As someong else mentioned I can't see GC changing out caps for an upgrade just for the sake of doing it, it isn't worth their time. Hell return it and buy it back as used when they put it back on the floor. I don't know what lse to say. If money is an issue, welcome to the club.

ok, I see what you are saying, HOWEVER you don't seem to see what I am saying so let me put it in all caps.

LETS SEE PICS OF THE INSIDE OF YOUR DEC 2013 MADE EPI LES PAULS AND YOUR JAN/FEB 2014 MADE EPI LES PAULS AND SEE IF THERE ARE MORE OUT THATE WITH THE SAME CAPS if mine is the only one with these caps then yes something is wrong but if there are others with Sprague orange drops either 715p or 225p ( yes I know about the voltage thing been working with and building electronic gizmos for years)from the factory then all is good. point is ( again al caps so maybe it will come through this time although I doubt it as it hasn't yet), I PAID FOR NEW, EXPECT NEW, BELIEVE I GOT NEW, HOWEVER THE CAPS THROW A FISHY RED HERRING INTO THE MIX AND I HAVE YET BEEN ABLE TO PROVE OR DISPROVE THAT THESE CAPS WERE INSTALLED AT THE FACTORY OR IF SOMEWHERE BETWEEN FACTORY AND MY HANDS THEY WERE CHANGED FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I have yet to see but one person post pics showing their caps ( which are NOT the same as came in mine) and not sure when in 2013 his was made, I just want to know my instrument inside and out, when I choose something to buy I see it as an extension of myself not merely an instrument or a "toy" as some people I know have called it, I am picky with guitars, basses, radio control cars, etc.

like I have said before which no one seemed to pick up on I was going to change the caps anyway but was shocked when I opened the cavity up and found upgraded caps already in it.

all I am looking for is others who may have bought a new epi lp and got the Sprague caps in it.

you have to admit that there should be more out there with these same caps if you go by the comments given in regards to plant using what they have on hand, but with that there HAVE to be others with the spragues, if not you would have to agree that something is definatley amiss if only 1 guitar out of hundreds or even thousands have the spragues at the time of purchase, if you don't or cannot grasp that then apparently your living in the same rainbow and unicorn fantasy land that politicians live in.

can you honestly say that only one epi could have orange drop caps installed at the factory ( I know I sure as hell cant I would expect at minimum a dozen to have them).

ok, I see what you are saying, HOWEVER you don't seem to see what I am saying so let me put it in all caps.

LETS SEE PICS OF THE INSIDE OF YOUR DEC 2013 MADE EPI LES PAULS AND YOUR JAN/FEB 2014 MADE EPI LES PAULS AND SEE IF THERE ARE MORE OUT THATE WITH THE SAME CAPS if mine is the only one with these caps then yes something is wrong but if there are others with Sprague orange drops either 715p or 225p ( yes I know about the voltage thing been working with and building electronic gizmos for years)from the factory then all is good. point is ( again al caps so maybe it will come through this time although I doubt it as it hasn't yet), I PAID FOR NEW, EXPECT NEW, BELIEVE I GOT NEW, HOWEVER THE CAPS THROW A FISHY RED HERRING INTO THE MIX AND I HAVE YET BEEN ABLE TO PROVE OR DISPROVE THAT THESE CAPS WERE INSTALLED AT THE FACTORY OR IF SOMEWHERE BETWEEN FACTORY AND MY HANDS THEY WERE CHANGED FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I have yet to see but one person post pics showing their caps ( which are NOT the same as came in mine) and not sure when in 2013 his was made, I just want to know my instrument inside and out, when I choose something to buy I see it as an extension of myself not merely an instrument or a "toy" as some people I know have called it, I am picky with guitars, basses, radio control cars, etc.

like I have said before which no one seemed to pick up on I was going to change the caps anyway but was shocked when I opened the cavity up and found upgraded caps already in it.

all I am looking for is others who may have bought a new epi lp and got the Sprague caps in it.

you have to admit that there should be more out there with these same caps if you go by the comments given in regards to plant using what they have on hand, but with that there HAVE to be others with the spragues, if not you would have to agree that something is definatley amiss if only 1 guitar out of hundreds or even thousands have the spragues at the time of purchase, if you don't or cannot grasp that then apparently your living in the same rainbow and unicorn fantasy land that politicians live in.

can you honestly say that only one epi could have orange drop caps installed at the factory ( I know I sure as hell cant I would expect at minimum a dozen to have them).

I get what you are saying but it seems that maybe nobody has one or has the time to look insid for you and frankly with your attitude if I did own one I wouldn't cop to it with the way you are behaving. There are knowledgable people on this forum and all you do is ask for advice and get pissy when someone disagrees with your viewpoint or call them names or whatever. I don't give a rat's anus anymore.

Peace and good luck.

I get what you are saying but it seems that maybe nobody has one or has the time to look insid for you and frankly with your attitude if I did own one I wouldn't cop to it with the way you are behaving. There are knowledgable people on this forum and all you do is ask for advice and get pissy when someone disagrees with your viewpoint or call them names or whatever. I don't give a rat's anus anymore.

Peace and good luck.

hold on now I am NOT the one that started the pissing match, and if you wouldn't cop to it fine that is your right, with that said however i would think that others would be curious to see if they to got a guitar with upgraded caps like i did which apparently doesn't seem to be the case.

however until someone else comes forward with a late 2013 or 2014 epi lp with the spragues factory installed i have to assume that mine is the only one in existence which i seriously doubt ( would be great if it were and it made it valuable but i already know that's not the case cause in the market all there are is cheapskates LMAO).

so at this point i am just going to look at it like i have the only epi ever made that left the factory in china with the spragues and i will think that until someone at epiphone contacts me and proves otherwise with documentation since that seems to be the ONLY way i will find out for sure what was equipped at the factory.

and zeplin at this point i really don't care if you give a rats anus anyway seeing as regardless of how many times i clearly stated my point and desire to prove or disprove what this came with or if it had been tampered with only crust showed any pics or thought to check to see what he had in his, and it is crust who has my admiration, didn't really need obvious comments of "take it back" or "keep it" as those are things that are common sense in nature and were already on my mind ( as they would be anyone elses with common sense) which is of NO help or use.

so with the all the above said as of this moment i have a one of a kind factory oddity and until someone else turns up with another with the factory equipped Sprague caps or epi contacts me giving me any info as to what was installed or if it was somewhere tampered with then so be it ( at least i can see it as an extremely rare occurance and if someone tried to buy it they would have to have bill gates pockets [flapper]

Im not familiar with guitar parts but i know that in some years Corvette could have parts from 2 even 3 different years. It was very often they ran off of parts and would installed parts from the previous year or late model would ended with parts of the next year. If yours has the wrong cap it could be something that was made for different reasons and nobody care to notice to anyone. The worker who worked on your guitar may picked up the wrong one as he or she was installing pots and caps. If it´s an upgrade, i would not worry to much. If it´s a downgrade i would asked the dealer to fix it or replace it. If it was mine i would not worry too much if it plays and look like new.

You may never know what really happen to your guitar but enjoy it for what it was made for. Having fun and Rock on.

Dennis

In my opinion either someone at GC changed the caps as an experiment and thought no one would notice, or the guitar was purchased and modified by someone who later returned it, then GC passed it off as new. The Qingdao or wherever factory probably buys 0.022 caps by the thousands, but I don't see why they would have even one 0.015 cap in their factory. That's my two cents.

Just as a retailer / repair shop point of view, we regularly receive guitars with minor faults from the suppliers, and if they're the sort of thing the repair shop could sort out in a few minutes the suppliers will often ask if we'd rectify the problem rather than send it back. If it's a high fret or a bad solder joint it's cheaper for the supplier and more convenient for the retailer to get the problem solved quickly and the guitar out on the shop floor. If we insist on returning the guitar, in the UK that guitar would go back to the distributor and a tech there would do the work, or they'll contract it out elsewhere.

Now, I appreciate there are some who would have an issue with this, that the guitar should be as it left the factory otherwise it's no longer new, but it's not uncommon for suppliers / retailers to do this and the vast majority of people I speak to in real life (sorry, internet!) understand that this happens and are not concerned if the guitar they're considering had received a little tlc by us to get it perfect, as long at it is perfect. Most suppliers would argue that the guitar had an issue, they spent money to put it right by an authorized repairer, there should be no obligation to sell that guitar cheaper. There are exceptions to this - Fender for example often sell off guitars to dealers at a small discount that have undetectable, repaired issues - but the majority would say issue resolved, guitar is back to showroom condition.

I don't know whether this applies to your guitar, just contributing a few thoughts on the scenarios that could lead to a new guitar having an unusual part under the bonnet. Personally I wouldn't let one of our techs use non-standard parts into a guitar without disclosing it, but I can see how somebody else might feel if the parts were an upgrade on the original it was an acceptable thing to do.

I have read this thread with interest, not to the content, but to the attitude of the posters here. Allow me to say that if I bought a new guitar and it sounded wonderful, and I opened it up to find an upgrade on the caps, I would say "Cool, I got lucky!". Instead, a 3 page thread has ensued because our young friend could not accept the serendipity of his situation.

Cool, you got better caps than the average bear.

Play well and enjoy the music you make with this guitar!

YMMV

Pete

I have read this thread with interest, not to the content, but to the attitude of the posters here. Allow me to say that if I bought a new guitar and it sounded wonderful, and I opened it up to find an upgrade on the caps, I would say "Cool, I got lucky!". Instead, a 3 page thread has ensued because our young friend could not accept the serendipity of his situation.

Cool, you got better caps than the average bear.

Play well and enjoy the music you make with this guitar!

YMMV

Pete

The thread title "a welcome surprise" certainly seems to go along with your view, however, the title is completely misleading

replying-to-this-thread-oh-wait-its-a-trap-thumb.jpg

Archived