Gibson Brands Forums

Memorial Day wish to all

Aster1

On this day we remember the ultimate sacrifice of our fallen solders (either in battle or later from the damage/effects of such). My prayers & heart goes out to anyone here that has a fallen hero they knew (recent or way back). The memories I hope are happy ones for you today & prayers for peace for them and those left behind to carry on.

Thank you all for your service to our Country. The fallen are not forgotten or wasted lives. They will forever be special in our hearts & minds.

I will post this on the Epi Lounge, not as many don't check both lounges & want no-one left out.

God Bless!

Aster

While I don't always agree with what our government asks our service people to do, I admire, respect, and thank them for doing our government's bidding.

My condolences to the families who had a member make the ultimate sacrifice, and to those who made that sacrifice, you may not be able to hear me say it, but I thank you.

I could dream to come up with better words than from a wise man years ago. 100% for me:

Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain

Our military is commanded by civilians (sometimes most poorly, unfortunately [cursing] ) I always respect people going into harms way for my liberties, and way of life. Very moving service at our Vietnam & Korean memorial here today. To see several "survivors" and getting thinner daily, was both uplifting and proud-full as well as heartbreaking & tearful if that can be. I guess bitter-sweet is the old term.

Aster

I was stationed at Ft Myer, VA in the late '60's. It's in the shadow of Arlington National Cemetery. We were the "south post" guys, who worked in the Pentagon. Then there were the "north post" guys, the 3rd Infantry, from whom the Tomb of the Unknown guards are drawn. I've watched this ceremony several times, and to say that it's moving, is an understatement. Search YouTube for some various vid's but I'll tell you that those guys take this duty very, very serious.

My thanks to all who have given their all, and to all my fellow vets.

Thanks to all the men and women who have given of themselves to help preserve our freedom around the world. It is not a perfect world but because of the many who have sacrificed their time and lives, we are able to express ourselves as we please, go anywhere we choose live our lives without fear of those who are jealous of our liberty. My personal hero is my dad, Ervin Trytten, who is 89 years young and served his time during WWII, experiencing the Battle of the Bulge and particpating in the liberation of the Dachau death camp. It's because of regular GI's like my dad and all of you that have served this great nation that I am writing this to honor my dad and all of you that have served. Thank you. In this picture is my Dad, my Son and Grandson and myself holding the horn. post-63132-082424300 1401156401_thumb.jpg

Thank you, although you cannot read this, you who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. From the Revolutionary War - up through Afghanistan, you have touched the lives of every American who has ever lived. On Veterans Day, we honor those who have served, and are serving in the military. But on Memorial Day - we reserve the highest honor, respect and prayers for those who died for our Country.

Snip:

On Veterans Day, we honor those who have served, and are serving in the military. But on Memorial Day - we reserve the highest honor, respect and prayers for those who died for our Country.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] I know people have somewhat forgotten what Memorial Day was designated for. While I didn't visit my parents grave site (and I miss them terribly) M. Day was reserved for those that have passed giving all that they could give to our country. Many adorn the graves of their passed family or think it's a day for only the Indy 500 & picnics. IMHO, both need to study up a bit on why we have that day reserved for a National holiday. AGAIN, IMHO, things like that do matter. No disrespect to other that miss & honor their lost family, as I'm one too. Maybe Hallmark needs to invent a new holiday for just that. (you know like they invented several other days to sell cards). [biggrin]

Aster

Archived