Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! First Gibson

Rosinante

Got this beauty in the mail and I'm just about as impressed as I can be with a guitar. The fit and finish is amazing. The burst on the top is gorgeous you can se and feel the grain of the actual soundboard. Sonically it's not too loud, pretty much just right for singer songwriter stuff that I do. The tone is very even , no frequencies seem to hog the sound spectrum everything rings. I wish I had gotten a gibson much earlier in my playing career. My 000-15 is gonna be taking a back seat for a while. Haven't got to really give the Trance Audio pickup a good workout yet as I haven't gigged with it yet, but my first impressions through my loudbox are that it really does come very close to the actual sound of the guitar itself. I couldn't be happier. This may be the first purchase I have ever mad in my life without buyers remorse. Here are some pics and a sound sample of me playing a Bob Dylan song that I recorded on my phone.I have a pretty lo-fi phone so the media doesn't really capture the richness of this fine instrument. Huck's Tune (Bob Dylan Cover) 2014-05-29%2018.18.52.jpg 2014-05-29%2018.18.21.jpg 2014-05-29%2018.20.42.jpg 2014-05-29%2018.21.34.jpg 2014-05-29%2018.20.58.jpg

Nice pick - and good to have a Pure Voice aboard. I first thought they were rose-creatures, but no, they are mahogany right.

Guess the bracing is more or less in the same n-hood as Stds and TVs (which as I recall it are slightly different), but please report if you get closer to this.

Enjoy

Yeah they are hog and spruce. And they are definitely several cuts above any standards I've played. Close to TV territory.

I don't know what bracing they use…look inside, though, you will see scalloped braces and tone bars……I've played several TV's, and I prefer the sound of my PV!…..I can get a very nice "soft" strum sound out of mine. Very even across the strings….Son, for your first Gibson, you did VERY well!!!

stat, Congrats! There is nothing like a NGD. Pace yourself. It is tempting to burn yourself out and ignore things like eating and going to work. But, this guitar will be there for you whenever you need it. I got a new J45 Custom (Koa) two weeks ago and am still pinching myself to see if I'm dreaming everytime I hear it. It sound fantastic - unplugged or plugged in. Like yours - it was perfect out of the box. You waited a long time for this and now you can feel confident that having an iconic Gibson will cause your skills to improve - and your enjoyment quotient to multiply! G'Luck.

Archived