Gibson Brands Forums

What Pelham is stand for?

Kopfschmerzen

Hi everyone!

I've preordered Joe Bonamassa Epi Pelham blue. I like the color from pictures ;) and it'll be my first Les Paul. I know that it's a bad idea to buy a guitar without playing it first, but I couldn't resist!

I've found that Gibson & Epiphone sometimes issue guitars in that color, and I'm wondering what 'Pelham' means. Does anybody know?

Thanks!

Hello!

It might be a reference to the city of Pelham in Alabama somehow? Just like Inverness (as the green color) to another city in Alabama?

Like Torino Red, for example.

Just wondering...

Cheers... Bence

I repair cars for a living painting and i just think they name colors with city names and just give them names for the sake of giving a name . some paint formulas have more then one name in car finishes

I repair cars for a living painting and i just think they name colors with city names and just give them names for the sake of giving a name . some paint formulas have more then one name in car finishes

1960 Cadillac

The dictionaries version:

pelham (ˈpɛləm)n1. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a horse's bit for a double bridle, less severe than a curb but more severe than a snaffle[probably from the proper name Pelham]

I saw that definition too, but went with the other one because of baby/boy/blue.

Hello!

It might be a reference to the city of Pelham in Alabama somehow? Just like Inverness (as the green color) to another city in Alabama?

Like Torino Red, for example.

Just wondering...

Cheers... Bence

yet oddly, the man that town is named for, was born and raised in "Alexandria" Alabama, 8 miles from where i'm sitting......wiki, "John Pelham" sometime....he's a Southern Hero, and buried 3/4 mile from my home.

Archived